Citroen Picasso C3 (2011) - Engine shuts off after 2 seconds

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TitanKing
New User

Citroen Picasso C3 (2011) - Engine shuts off after 2 seconds

Post by TitanKing »

Hey guys,

Thanks for reading my thread. I am kinda desperate in finding a solution to my problem and any help in the right direction would be of major value to me.

This is what happened:
In a moment of stupidity and rush I stalled the car in my garage without much worry I jumped out to attend to urgent matters. Now the cars ignition was in the ON position while the car was off. Two days later getting back into the car the battery was dead. I recharged it, put it back in and the car started fine, like instantly starts, except, it runs for just 2 seconds and shuts down.

I have tried
Resetting procedures
Connecting - reconnecting batteries
Jump Starting it (same battery in) different battery to jump

All was futile, car starts just fine, runs 2 seconds and switches off instantly (no stutter).

Help would be so much appreciated.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Citroen Picasso C3 (2011) - Engine shuts off after 2 sec

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

No promises that it will work, but it could be worth trying a BSi reset, to see if that clears it;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 11&t=40407" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although this was written for the C5, the C series Citroens can be sensitive electrically, and can throw up weird glitches if the battery fails.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
TitanKing
New User

Re: Citroen Picasso C3 (2011) - Engine shuts off after 2 sec

Post by TitanKing »

Thanks razor, much appreciated. The car is currently at a local Citroen dealer. They have tried sorting out the issue for the last 5 days or so to no avail. I guess I will need to go and fetch the car at some point and try the reset procedure.