ABS ECU can't be reset with LEXIA....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lankytim
My Cars:

ABS ECU can't be reset with LEXIA....

Post by lankytim »

Hi all,

I met up with King P today and he plugged his Lexia into my XM to try and extinguish the ABS light. While the LEXIA seemed to connect with the ABS ECU ok the ECU seems to be frozen. All faults have been cleared with none reappearing but the light stays on (no blinking on startup) and the LEXIA shows wheel speeds are stuck on 65kph/56kph on the front, and 0 on the rears.

Any idea what's going on?
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

That sounds like an internal ABS unit fault to me - presuming you tested with the engine off.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: ABS ECU can't be reset with LEXIA....

Post by CitroJim »

Tim, which XM?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
lankytim
My Cars:

Post by lankytim »

It's a 1996 P 2.5 exclusive, teves system.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Tim, I've seen similar with duff sensors so don't discount them totally. But before that, check the sensor connectors as they can get dirty and also the ECU connector which on an XM is in a very exposed place...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...