Xantia wont start, Need New ECU

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

taffy
My Cars:

Re: Xantia wont start, Need New ECU

Post by taffy »

ive had a short problem in a xantia where the imobilers light came on and wouldnt let me start but it was a dodgy conection on ecu conector block...worth a quick wiggle atleast..the signal from the body computer to ecu heres a pinnout that may help

http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/downloads/edc15c2pinout.jpg

while looking for pinnou i found his

http://www.fixem.co.uk/prices.html

and a pic of

edc152c hdi ecu
99 silver 2.1td exclusive xantia
99 red 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia..
00 black 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
99 blue 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
57 blue C4 GP 1.6hdi exclusive
08 black C4 GP 2.0hdi vtr
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's a useful diagram Taffy. Good find.. I like how glowplugs are candlettes :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
aneesh84
My Cars:

Post by aneesh84 »

aneesh84 wrote:
CitroJim wrote:The second problem is caused by a low battery.

It is very common and there's a few threads on here on the methods that can be used to resolve it...

The first issue really needs a Lexia read to see if that offers any clues...

Yes my battery was completely flat the first time I tested with a new ECU. Then I used my friend's car to jump start.

I will be ordering a lexia now.
When I was trying it out with the new ECU my battery was almost flat, but I had the jumpstart cable connected to a Renault Clio with a tiny battery. But the Engine of the clio was running, and I could hear my car spin normally. Do you think the fact that the clio has a small alternator could be a possible reason. The car seemed to start for a fraction of a second and then turn off.
Xantia Estate 1999 2.0 HDI 110
C5 2005 2.0 HDI 138
Nissan Leaf 2018 40Kwh
taffy
My Cars:

Post by taffy »

CitroJim wrote:That's a useful diagram Taffy. Good find.. I like how glowplugs are candlettes :)
cheers and yes they do lol dont they :)
99 silver 2.1td exclusive xantia
99 red 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia..
00 black 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
99 blue 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
57 blue C4 GP 1.6hdi exclusive
08 black C4 GP 2.0hdi vtr
aneesh84
My Cars:

Post by aneesh84 »

Its been over a month since my last reply. I just wanted to update you all.

I ordered an unlocked ECU from spain and it didnt work. Thankfully paypal refunded me since i posted it back to the seller.

Finally i got the reference of another ECU workshop here in Lisbon, Portugal. I sent in my old ECU and he said that my ECU was working and he saw no problems but it seemed locked. I paid 120 euros for him to unlock it. Got it back in the car, and voila it started!

So it was just an immobiliser issue and the citroen dealer had wrongly diagnosed it as a case of bad ECU. Although I am still not able to understand, how the car had been working with the 30 second immobiliser dash light on, for more than a year, if my ECU was not unlocked.

Anyways, as a treat I got myself a chinese lexia clone, and got it working on my Macbook using virtual box.

Now that my ECU is unlocked, any ideas how i can disable the immobiliser beep? Where is the location of the buzzer, behind the counters? how can i access it? Does it beep for anything else other than the immobiliser?
Xantia Estate 1999 2.0 HDI 110
C5 2005 2.0 HDI 138
Nissan Leaf 2018 40Kwh
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Pleased the problem is basically sorted now...

In answer to your second question, I don't know but I'd think it would be a buzzer dedicated to that task...

Does it go off after a few seconds or is it constant?

To find the buzzer I'd be inclined to have the instrument pod out and trace the source of the sound and disconnect it..

then check the lights on buzzer still works as I consider that's a vital function to have an audible warning of...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

I think the same buzzer is used for the door open with ignition off and headlights on alert Jim.

If aneesh has the correct 4 character confidential code for the CPH I would try to go through the key programming process in the Lexia. Even if the immobiliser is no longer needed to start the engine it may shut up the buzzer warning as the engine immobilisation is done by the engine ECU but the immobiliser warning flash and buzzer is done by the CPH!

My S2 V6 had no immobiliser warning even though the engine ECU was unlocked and I was still able to go through a normal key programming sequence in the Lexia to make the CPH part of the immobiliser system happy. (And quiet)
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Good thinking Simon :-D
Jim