Front and rear rise once car is started

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

foeism
My Cars:

Front and rear rise once car is started

Post by foeism »

Right

So I replaced the rear antisink, front accumulator, and both front corner spheres on my 98 2.1 td sx. The only ones I haven't changed are the rear corner spheres.

Front is now super smooth and no more clicling from the accumulator

My only problem is everytime I get in and start the engine, the front rises, then the rear?

Why is this happening? I've cleaned and greased the rear hight linkage, and have the right amount of lhm fluid in the reservoir.

Thanks
Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: Front and rear rise once car is started

Post by Mandrake »

Not necessarily anything to worry about if the rear is only a few seconds behind the front. Both my current Xantia and previous one typically rise at the front first then the rear, and they both had a full new set of spheres.

(Opposite to old Citroens like GS/CX where the rear always rose first unless heavily laden!)

If there are no other symptoms I wouldn't worry about it. I suspect it's the influence of the anti-sink sphere that causes the extra delay at the rear as you have one extra sphere to pressurise compared to the front.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
foeism
My Cars:

Re: Front and rear rise once car is started

Post by foeism »

Hi

Thanks for the reply, and the reassurance! I shall leave well alone, until something breaks.