ESP YAW sensor faulty after forced regeneration.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Berni1976
New User

ESP YAW sensor faulty after forced regeneration.

Post by Berni1976 »

Hi All,

Yesterday I had my Citroen C5 2002 HDI Auto 99,000 mileage (bought 2 and 1/2 years ago, some motorway trips but mostly to/from work 20-30 miles a day) go through forced regeneration (faulty fuel cap magnet placement stopped manual/auto regeneration) £72! Happy days! :-D

Faults on car prior to forced regeneration....
P1447 Particle Filter
P1448 Particle filter overloaded
P0380 Preheating relay circuit and...
P1435 Additive system.
Warnings on dash.....Unblock diesel filter, ESP/ASR not functioning, Anti Pollutant fault, and just before garage visit, top up engine coolant level, all with "limp mode" to go with it.

Had to go back today as ESP/ASR not functioning came back (no limp mode as yet, thank god!) Garage plugged it in....and C1310 YAW and acceleration sensor faulty, obviously a replacement....or is it??

Have read/seen that steering wheel realignment may help, but not sure.

Any help advice, GREATLY appreciated! :)
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: ESP YAW sensor faulty after forced regeneration.

Post by RichardW »

Welcome Berni :)

Yaw sensor failure is not unknown - I imagine the fault was there before the regen, if the ESP fault was up on the dash, it just wasn't picked up. Try clearing it and see if it comes back. It's separate to the steering angle sensor, so re-calibration will not help. New yaw sensor is eye wateringly expensive (£400 or so :twisted: ), but if you get the number off it, you can probably get a used one on e-bay. It's under the centre console. Somewhere!
Richard W
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

Whenever i've had the "particle filter blocked" message appear on the dash the ESP not working message comes on at the same time. If you've addressed the blocked filter issue i'd bet the ESP system not working message will go after a few days of starting cycles.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
hamster99

Post by hamster99 »

Hi Berni

Yes the yaw sensor is under the centre console and as Richard says, new ones from the dealers are around £400.

There are a number of different types depending on the model and year but also they can be across a number of ranges, including Peugeot's. In my experience the information in the Haynes BoL isn't always correct. My wife's C3 VTR needed a yaw sensor replacement a few months ago but it didn't look anything like the one in the book. However, it did look identical to the one in my spare "donor" C5 even down to the part number. A quick swap and a reset of the fault with the Lexia and £400 saved (so far my other C5 has saved me around £1,500 just in spare parts and the C3 yaw sensor job should mean my wife won't mention it's an eyesore on the drive for at least a couple of months....LOL)

If you put the part number into google there should be quite a few available.

Rob
15 C4 1.6 eHDI 115 Exclusive - better half's
12 RR Westminster 4.4 TDV8 - Gentleman's Club on wheels
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Exclusive - gone but not forgotten
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 VTR - crushed May 2015