Please Help!!! Citroen C5 2005

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

FIREY
New User

Please Help!!! Citroen C5 2005

Post by FIREY »

HI, Please Help us! We have a Citroen C5 2005 V6 petrol. The car generally drives great, but recently the car just cut out with out warning. Also the only way it will restart again is if the anti-pollution icon is lit up on the dash. In the morning we can turn ignition on and off up to 30 times before icon lights up allowing it to start, then after a short run the icon appears first or second time usually. We live in regional southwest Western Australia with no local dealership to help us, and we have a young autistic son who only likes to travel in this car and does not like change to his daily routine. After plugging in to computer we thought it may be the Crank Angle Sensor, BUT- where is that???? Please help us if your able. Thank you Steve
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: Please Help!!! Citroën C5 2005

Post by Stickyfinger »

Without putting it on a device called a Lexia (specific PC interface) it will be hard to assist I think.
Some of the experts here may be able to help get you going but they may struggle to help compleatly, however have you tried going here.....

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AussieFrogs....Citroen Car Forum like this but AUS based.....maybe you can find a local member who has a Lexia and can help
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

This MIGHT help, as it can clear glitches (but NOT faults);

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 11&t=40407" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, if it does not work you will, as Stickyfinger says, have to get a Lexia system onto it (not a generic code reader, as the French, being French, did things in their own way) to see what faults are logged, which should give you a starting point.

It might be possible that addo is close to you (relatively speaking), as he is in New South Wales. I do know, however, that Oz is somewhat bigger than UK, so he might no be as close as all that.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Welcome!

An interesting fault.... this might be similar to the problems I am having with a C4 Picasso: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=49845" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; When I was searching around the fault code, the underbonnet fuse box can give random cutting out faults. That the engine management light is not lit at key on, and you are unable to start, gives some credance to this being a wiring or fuse box problem. Sites I looked out suggested that the problem affects C5s as well as C4s.
Richard W
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

It does, C5 Mk1 and Mk1 Face-lifts like this one, so yep its time to look UNDER the engine fuse box (where there is another fuse box), ALSO

Do a BSI Reset, follow the procedure here.....http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 11&t=40407. Whilst the battery is off getting a good charge this is a good time to look at the main fuze board under the fuse box.

Charge your battery, even a little drop WILL screw things up with fault codes. Make sure the battery is always charged, leave it on the charger overnight until the problem is fixed.

all for now
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
FIREY
New User

Post by FIREY »

Thank you so very much guys. I will charge the battery up tonight and see how it works out will keep you up dated. And Hell razor it may take me awhile to get to aldo as it is roughly 4000+ km's to NSW :) :lol: i will see if i can find some one with a lexia diagnostic machine closer as our local mechanic has never heard of lexia
Cheers Firey