Synergie/Evasion heater blower

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Barry1
My Cars: 2001 Citroen Evasion 2.0 HDI / 2009 C4 Picasso Exclusive.

Synergie/Evasion heater blower

Post by Barry1 »

Hi all
I've seen plenty of posts about blowers not working but my 2001 LHD Evasions left hand blower (above the pedals on mine) wont stop! it has climate control and even if I turn it off it still goes until I switch the engine off then it stops but if I turn the ignition nothing until I start the engine. I have had no luck finding a wiring diagram for this either, anybody got one? #-o and while I'm on is the radiator fan controlled by a sensor in the rad or by a more devilish method!!!!
BX
My Cars:

Re: Synergie/Evasion heater blower

Post by BX »

I repaired the fast only blower problem on a Synergie a long time ago. I cannot remember much but I think it was a transistor on a unit mounted with or near the motor. I think there is a unit for the fan on each side of the car. As far as I remember the components are bedded in either epoxy or silicone. The rad fan is controlled by devilish methods. A common problem is the brush for the low speed sticking or wearing. With the air conditioning on the fan should run on the low speed. If it doesn't try fixing it with a hammer. If that works you have brush problems.
Barry1

Post by Barry1 »

Thanks for that BX my problem with the radiator fan is it's on all the time!!!! fans running constantly oh this motor seem to be the norm. LOL
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

I think the radiator fan should run pretty much all the time unless you set the air conditioning off by pressing the eco button on the control panel. Shopping when the ignition is off and not restarting until the engine is running would be normal behaviour. It may possibly run on for a while after turning the ignition off if the engine is very hot but I have never seen it happen.
As regards the heater blower I think this is the unit you need.
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CITROEN-JUMPY-PE ... 2c8afac4f7
At 40 euro including VAT and carriage its not really worth repairing the faulty one. From what I remember it wasn't that handy to do.
Barry1

Post by Barry1 »

Thanks BX
I'll drop the motor out and check the numbers and thanks for the info on the radiator fan =D>