C5 2nd gen - a few issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

C5 2nd gen - a few issues

Post by vborovic »

Like discussed in the other topic, I've managed to run the Lexia as intended on my dad's C5 2005 Saloon and I've noticed a few errors (right column shows YES) after the Diagnostics run which can't be deleted (or reappear after deleting). I'll list them here, and if there are any takers with free advice, feel free to suggest anything useable ... note, the terms maybe aren't pure english, since I'm using Lexia in Croatian, but I'll try to translate/explain them as best and as closely I can ...

1. Error Log (2nd option following the BSI) - when I pick the log status, I get the message that there are errors and that the log is full ... I select the log readout, and after a while, I'm shown the diagnostics results and I can't use the Lexia/DiagBox, and must restart the computer ... of course, the clear log doesn't work, because I have to first complete the log readout

2. Car Radio (it is a RD4 version) - it is a continuous error, Secondary audio inputs No. 1 ... error code: F905, no characteristics, local ... can't be cleared, it fails

3. Injection (MM6LPB) - continuous error, management of the managed thermostat, interruption ... error code: P0597 ... can't be cleared

4. Suspension (ECOTECH) - continuous error, no communication with the steering wheel angle indicator, retrieved error faulty ... error code: P05D2 ... I can clear it, but it will reappear

The forth one was discussed in another topic, I tried doing the testing with the steering wheel position readout, and figured out what is retrieved ... if the steering wheel is neutral (wheels dead straight), consider that 12'o clock ... I get the readout of -128° ... when the wheel is turned left, the numbers rise (i.e. -100, -50, -25 ...) ... 0° angle is when the wheel is positioned roughly like it is 4:30 on the wall clock ... turning it from this point more left, I get positive values, until approx 50°, and then when the wheels gets to 12'o clock, once again I get -128° ... I don't know what to make of it ...

All the mentioned errors don't have any impact to the drive (at least until now), but my dad noticed for some time that the ride is much more stiffer, or that it isn't damping as it used to do (he knows the feeling, this is his 3rd Hydractive Citroen), the car itself has 103000 km, regularly serviced, no issues so far ...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: C5 2nd gen - a few issues

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

It could be worth trying a BSi reset to see if that can clear any glitches. This may also then let you fully in to read the errors and clear them;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 11&t=40407" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

I was thinking about the BSI reset James, but I decided to leave it as a sort of last resort, since the car is still functioning normally ... we wouldn't know about these errors without the Lexia check, and I'm pretty sure none of them appeared on the last regular maintenance which was 7-8 months ago ... I could go into the Service, but I'd like to try fixing this myself, if possible
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If I had a C5 I would consider a BSi reset as a first point of call. It reminds me of when we used Windows 95/98. If anybody told me that something was playing up I suggested they re-boot the PC. More than half the problems were resolved by a re-boot.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
lurchy666
My Cars: citroen c5 hdi 2.2 auto estate

Post by lurchy666 »

on the other post you mention about having to unplug then plug back in your lexia

my lexia used to do that had to unplug then plug back in, do you know what firmware your using as if its b firmware that could be the problem or part of it as b firmware will only run up a certain point on diagbox, and if like me your running the latest scary update (7.56) you need the c firmware update, which is a file sent to you by a man under the alias of nlc on other forums then its a usb transfer using scarys interface checker,

as soon as I got my interface updated to version c I have had no problems with it,

not saying that's the problem but might be worth a look at,
c5 2.2 auto hdi estate 52 reg