2006 2.2 hdi Relay van, non starter. schematics request

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: 2006 2.2 hdi Relay van, non starter. schematics request

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

The good news is that it isn't the immobiliser system. If it were, the key light would be blinking when you turned the key. The fact that the light goes out means that the key has been accepted.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
madmadmax
New User

Post by madmadmax »

sedre is what you are looking for it has all wire diagrams for i would love to say i can put it on a disy but a 6gb its a bit big and needs xp to run. as for the fuel preshe on the bosh systems it has a valve on the back of the fuel pump that restricts fuel return which makes the presher so opning a union is not going to show s**t and will just be dangers, this valve can jam or you could have a faultey fuel cut off swich( the big red buttion in the engine bay). two t30 boult hold the valve on and it can be replaced sepratley to the pump

some thing else to check is the refrence voltage to all the sensers it should be 5volts
ito

Post by ito »

Thanks Madmax for your comments. With a pressure in excess of 120 bar needed to activate the injectors, cracking off a pipe (whilst hiding in the cab!) isnt going to prove much I agree. I have got hold of a version of Lexia3 but this might not be working correctly ('scuse ignorance, I might not be using it correctly!) as its not giving me any useful information on the non starting problem. I have raised a question elsewhere here, maybe someone can guide me! (Lexia 3 / Diabox V7.57 not proving very usefull!)
ito

Post by ito »

Ok, closer to the answer, cranking rev is 255 (OK) but 'fuel pressure measured' is only 8! presume this means 8 bar, which is tiny and indicates a problem with the high pressure pump? I'm discounting a leak off problem with an injector as they were all replaced with new about four months ago and surely wouldnt be this low unless all the injectors were failing big time?. Could it be anything else but?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

There is, somewhere on the HP pump, a pressure regulator. This has been known to fail, and cause problems not unlike yours. I would take a look through the forum for these, and, if it turns out this is the fault, take a look on e-bay for a pressure regulator;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-FUEL-PRES ... 3a91abc457" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are others (some old, some new), so it is worth browsing.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

That's too low, no wonder it won't start. I refer you to my earlier post....
RichardW wrote:It appears to have an in-tank LP fuel pump - this has to prime suspect for a sudden non-start situation - can you hear it hum at key on?
If you can't hear the pump hum for about 10s at key on then that is the prime suspect. If it does, then it's either the HP pump failing to, or the pressure sensor is away. Changing the pressure sensor is probably easier than the pump....
Richard W