C5 rear tyre wear on outside.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dnsey

C5 rear tyre wear on outside.

Post by dnsey »

My facelift C5 has started wearing its rear tyres more towards the outside of the tread than the inside.
I'm familiar with this sort of wear due to radius arm bearing failure, but every example I've come across has worn the tyres more toward the centre.
There are no other symptoms, so I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this sort of wear, either due to radius arms or something else?
The previous tyres wore evenly, and for what it's worth the nearside is affected more than the offside. The car has suffered no major impact from potholes etc recently as far as I'm aware, so I wouldn't expect anything to be bent.
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: C5 rear tyre wear on outside.

Post by daviemck2006 »

Mine were worse worn on the inside if I remember before I had a radius arm bearing done. I replaced the tyres since and haven't noticed any wear so far, but I've only done maybe 2000 miles on them. If I remember back I think my old mk 1 wore them on the inside but it took 25000 miles to notice.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2