2001 Xantia Y reg

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Re: 2001 Xantia Y reg

Post by Northern_Mike »

mardybum wrote:
northern_mike wrote:A Xantia would make a better kiddy carrier until it invariably broke down and you couldn't get parts immediately to repair it (power steering pipe anyone?) .
They make wonderful family cars. wouldn't be without it at the moment.

Steering pipe? £40 for the flexi with special adaptors, or £50 complete, delivered to your door! Citroen may be NLA, but there are solutions!
All very well and good if a)there's one on the shelf ready to go b)you don't need the car until it arrives, c)you can fit it yourself or find a garage to do it when it arrives.... etc etc. For those of us that live in the real world, it's not a reasonable solution for running a Xantia as an only car. The crash protection is s**t too, which has to be a factor these days with the amount of dickheads on the road.

Of course solutions are available. I run a Renault 4-based special, and I can always get bits for that. Never immediately though, which is why it's simply a hobby car now.
xantiagreen
My Cars:

Post by xantiagreen »

mardybum wrote:
northern_mike wrote:A Xantia would make a better kiddy carrier until it invariably broke down and you couldn't get parts immediately to repair it (power steering pipe anyone?) .
They make wonderful family cars. wouldn't be without it at the moment.

Steering pipe? £40 for the flexi with special adaptors, or £50 complete, delivered to your door! Citroen may be NLA, but there are solutions!
Well service is round the corner so I will be asking mechanic to check the high pressure pipe along with all the other bits Ii go into detail by printing off a check sheet for him and he ticks it off or writes his findings.) He's a trustworthy and knows his cars
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
96 Xantia 2lt 16v Sx Olive green
01 Xantia 110 Hdi
Storm Grey (SOLD 4/11/18)

Temporarily driving Polo 1.9sdi

All I want is a Bx Gti or 16v!
xantiagreen
My Cars:

Post by xantiagreen »

For those of us that live in the real world, it's not a reasonable solution for running a Xantia as an only car. .
If I ended up choosing the xantia over the corolla I'd have to check for 0% balance transfers on the CC's, when I purchased the car over a period of 3 months I spent just shy of £700.
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
96 Xantia 2lt 16v Sx Olive green
01 Xantia 110 Hdi
Storm Grey (SOLD 4/11/18)

Temporarily driving Polo 1.9sdi

All I want is a Bx Gti or 16v!