zx clutch cable

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

louis1
My Cars:

zx clutch cable

Post by louis1 »

Hi i have a zx 1.9 td (1993) with a "pull type" clutch how much is the cluth cable and how easy is it to fit.
Also how do i fit the alternator belt (it has power steering) i have got it fitted but it is very tight and the adjuster doesnt seem to do anything .
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Cable is £11.50 or £12.00 from GSF depending on your cars RP number, idealy needs to be up ramps to fit, should be able to release it from pedal by pressing the clip without having to remove it according to the bible.
Belt goes from top of crank pulley, next to the underside of the tensioner roller, then up over the alternator pulley and down to the power steering pump pulley then back to the crank pulley.

Belt tension is applied by moving the tensioner in the downward direction via 6mm socket cap screw (allen key), tensioner bracket has two locking screws, again 6mm socket cap, one of which is inside the pulley, sometimes hidden by a plastic cover in the centre of the pulley.
Dave
MountainMan
My Cars:

Post by MountainMan »

Hi,
I have just fitted a new clutch cable on my ZX TD this weekend, and it's a bit of a git, but hopefully the following will simplify fitting for you.
1. Unclip both ends of the cable, and remove from the RH retaining loop behind the gearbox
2. Un bolt the fuel primer bulb mounting from the LH of the engine bay (this will give access to the cable grommet where it enters the passenger compartment, this can be found below and to the right of the brake system assemby)
3.With the cable unclipped from the pedal, try to withdraw it through the bulkhead without removing the grommet (its hard to refit)
4. From underneath the car with draw both ends of the cable and feed up the new assembly at the same time, secure as per origninal routing
5. To aid clipping the pedal end of the cable in place, a third hand to manipulate the pedal / cable while you secure is a great help (don't forget to grease up the end)
6. When securing at the clutch end, prop up the clutch pedal to get a rough setting on the biting point
7. Try to keep the radius on bends of the cable large, otherwise your pedal action will be stiffer with less feel.
Have fun.
MTMN[:)]