synergie door lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4
2005 C5 3 Litre V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue and my 1997 Xantia Exclusive V6

synergie door lights

Post by Harlequin »

So my bus has another year of life... so on to fix the not important but nice bits.

it has some kerb lights in the doors but they dont work. Any ideas? The drivers side did work but no longer
Simon
citronut
My Cars:

Re: synergie door lights

Post by citronut »

hi Simon
it could be broken/fractured wires in the door shut
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

That seems very likely, or perhaps corrosion around the fitting leading to poor earthing. Or blown bulbs? They get shaken about a bit when you close the door.

Suggest test voltage to bulb holder, if that's OK look for how the fitting is earthed and clean it up. If not, go look at the cable where it comes through the door pillar and into door itself, if I recall there is a ridged sleeve over the cable cluster. Do all the switches in the door arm work OK (window, mirror adjust etc?) Their cable will likely come through the same route so multiple faults would suggest cables. Its dark outside so not handy to look right now.

I see you call them kerb lights. Some, I think car brochures in the USA, call them puddle lights so you don't step in puddles, I think of them as dog poo lights so you don't step in ....
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4
2005 C5 3 Litre V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue and my 1997 Xantia Exclusive V6

Post by Harlequin »

thanks Malcom and Richard!

having a `discussion` with ECP currently - last years MOT failed on gaters and a ball joint , well this year it failed on

ball joint. so my discussion is over the `quality` of the parts they use!

the mirrors and windows all work as they should so maybe something else? both sides sadly don't work :(
Simon