xantia spheres removal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bill hughes
My Cars: 1994 xantia 1.9 tdi sold on and still going strong 2ooo xantia 2.0hdi estate 1998 Renault megane 1.4

Re: xantia spheres removal

Post by bill hughes »

Once again many thanks for all your advice but I think my old spheres were put on by someone who didn't know that you only screw them up hand tight, but that was 73,000 miles ago long before I acquired the car. For the record, I hope I didn't sound sarcastic when observing that northern mike didn't have a xantia in his collection as it was not meant to be, and as he says, really good ones are hard to find, like women, anyway my new spheres have been fitted and I'm in love with it again, by the way I bought the spheres from Mister Auto on line, they are made by Lizarte in Spain and cost me 47 euros the pair
chinkostu
My Cars: N Xantia 1.9TD SX
03 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec

Post by chinkostu »

northern_mike wrote:You've tried changing springs and dampers on a "normal" car on your driveway have you? Now *that's* hassle.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

try the godawful Peugeot idea in the 206 of having the strut needing clamping a silly amount when the cars sat on the ground or the strut and hub are pressing against the balljoint and are impossible to remove easily.

did 3 on my own (2 snapped springs and a shocker replacement) on a drive and all 3 took hours just down to the jacking up down clamping the springs ETC.

even replacing the bearing in a Saxos strut took less time.
Stu

Cars
1995 Xantia 1.9TD SX in (faded) Red
2003 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec in GREEEEEEEN
2001 206 1.9 LX
2001 Saxo VTR
1999 Saxo 1.1 East coast
1999 Punto :oops:
1996 306 1.8 XN Auto :?
1996 Fiesta 1.3 #-o
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Berlingo is the same. A bit of a pig to do. There is a trick to it though. I can't recall what it was as DickieG was doing one of mine and the strut wouldn't come out. Then he did something and it came out easily. As it's 3 years ago I can't recall what it was now..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk