Help won't start picasso HDI

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

john the hat

Help won't start picasso HDI

Post by john the hat »

Hi everybody I hope someone can help me sort this out.
Citroen Picasso HDI. 2003.
I was checking gearbox mounting, disconnected the battery took the electrics off then I put it back together and nothing! checked and realise I had not connected main lead from battery, so disconnected battery and connected lead now it turning over but won’t start I checked all fuses nothing then I wondered if the live had shorted out on ECU (i don’t know if it did no marks on it) but I stupidly tried another ECU of course that did nothing. Also got the two fuses next to the double relay mixed up 3 slots two fuses. I asked a guy at garage he was confident I have left a wire off I can’t find it. I have reset ECU (live wire to ground) and reset BSI following procedure. C/L, windows working, engine management light on. Economy mode active Battery fully charged. Heater plug and double relays not clicking with ignition or cranking. Any help or advice really appreciated. Thanks I’m in Telford
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Help won't start picasso HDI

Post by RichardW »

John

I saw your PM, but didn't manage a reply, sorry!

Not sure of the chain of events here? Is it that it was OK, you dismantled, then it wouldn't start? Do you know if it is Siemens or Bosch injection? If not, post up the last 8 digits of the VIN, and I can check. Economy mode is nothing to worry about - that will not stop if starting. It may well be necessary to get it on a Lexia diag computer to see what it's upset about - you may have dislodged the crank sensor or something for instance.
Richard W
john the hat

Post by john the hat »

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It's bosch ecu give the numbers tomtomorrow.
I have just bought Lexis today learning to use it.
Only fault just now ( find out more info tomorrow ) BSI not communicating with ecu.
I will find and check sensor also tomorrow (
Yes it was running fine untill i dismantled it.
(did the clutch before no problem)
Thanks
john the hat

Post by john the hat »

Crank sensor giving voltage and resistance
Last 9 digets B39473136
Tried lexis (clone) two main faults bsi and injecton.
But it wont clear them "error communicating with ecu) whole day wasted.
Got photos of fault screen