dispatch doorlocks

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mark1
New User

dispatch doorlocks

Post by mark1 »

Hi guys, i know theres lots of threads about dispatch doorlocks but i think this is a new one, mine is a 109000 mile 2007 dispatch 1.6.HDI. My problem is this, the remote key fob is in bad shape and doesn't appear to work, the key turns fine and locks only the front doors. The back door can also be locked with the key. My main problem is that neither of the side doors either lock or unlock. Don't want to buy a new key fob only to find that something else is screwed too (sounds likely). The guy i bought it off had been told a central locking motor had failed? and they were about fifty quid? Any ideas? Getting really fed up having to empty the van every night, cheers guys.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: dispatch doorlocks

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

It could be worth checking the wiring. I had a problem on my Xantia in that the OSR would not react to the central locking, but could be locked/unlocked from the button, while the NSR was deadlocked and non-responsive. I found failed wiring for both, and they now work properly.
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 15 Sep 2014, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Welcome Mark :welc:

I can't help with the details I'm afraid but have you looked on eBay for CL motors, far less expensive than the dealer.
The likes of GSF and AEP may well supply them too.
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

The problem on the sliding doors is almost certainly the contacts on the sliding doors You should see contact points on the rear of the B pillars and spring loaded pins on the front of the sliding door that mate with them. Usually just clean and lubricate but I would fear that if you are in the UK the springs might have rusted.
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

I had a rusted spring in the contact cluster, as it happens for the electric window but the principle is the same. If you push each contact in with your finger and one doesn't spring out again, that's the problem. It's relatively easy to dismantle and clean it up. Just 2 screws hold the thing in, maybe torx don't recall.

I found a similar length spring but couldn't get the right diameter for the sliding contact, but a dome headed self tapping screw in the end gave me a fix which has lasted several months and shows no sign of failure.

I've not tried to buy the right spring but suspect that dealers will want to sell a whole cluster complete which might be expensive.

At the same time I put Vaseline around the rubber seal where the contacts slide through, on both sides to try and keep water out.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

Another thought

On my synergie if the door handles on the outside don't spring back to the resting/central position it sometimes fails to lock. A bit of spray lube around the pivots sorts it out, but it sound like yours is more serious than that.

And another other thought,

can you lock it by the good old fashioned method of pushing the buttons down inside?
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini