Xsara Picasso 2.0HDI Temperature Sensor Housing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sparksuk
My Cars:

Xsara Picasso 2.0HDI Temperature Sensor Housing

Post by sparksuk »

Hi. I just wondered weather anyone else has had a similar problem and got any information on this.

My Dad has had to replace the temperature sensor on his Picasso after getting incorrect readings on the temperature gauge. The old sensor came out fine along with the clip that holds it in. the problem is that when fitting the new sensor the piece of plastic that the clip sits in to hold the sensor in place has broken meaning it won't hold in place. :? :(

Is there any way to easily fix this or is it a case of removing the housing that holds the sensor in place and replacing it? It's looking like it could be a garage job if the housing has to be removed and replaced as the small nuts and bolts that hold it in place are extremely difficult to get to without risk of losing them.

Thanks

8-) Dave 8-)
2001 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6SX
2002 Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0HDI SX
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: Xsara Picasso 2.0HDI Temperature Sensor Housing

Post by Lighty »

You will need to replace it, I have done this myself before, they become very brittle with age :(
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
sparksuk
My Cars:

Re: Xsara Picasso 2.0HDI Temperature Sensor Housing

Post by sparksuk »

Thanks for the reply.

Ended up taking the car to a garage to have the car sorted. It turns out that the housing is all one unit including the housing for the thermostat.

My dad ended up finding one off a car from a local breakers and getting them to fit that as a new housing from Citroen costs a fortune for what it is and is currently on back order. :shock: :?

At least it's back on the road now though.

8-) Dave 8-)
2001 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6SX
2002 Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0HDI SX