xantia 3ltr v6

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

michaelhyatt
My Cars:

Re: xantia 3ltr v6

Post by michaelhyatt »

Thanks for all the posts - I think that dave from the Midlands might be able and willing to take it away - tho it's a long trip for him as I am in South Essex.
However if he does not, to answer some of the questions I had a Mobile Electrician round who presumably used the Lexia to diagnose wiring failure.
The car has done 108k - new starter and bl refurbished hydraulic pump also a new spare! Lucky me! I would really have wanted to get it brought back into service but after 3 visits to the garage and the mobile man I feel that it needs an enthusiast!
Thanks again,
michaelhyatt
My Cars:

Post by michaelhyatt »

KP wrote:Michael, where are you please as I'll be the first one to stick my hand up and say I'll have it at that price :)
Hi KP,
Dave has decided not to go ahead so the ball is in your court. I live in Burnham on Crouch. As far as I know the car will start Ok and very possibly keep going? Breakdown cover would be wise! It's taxed until MAY and MOT til April. I suppose the tax is worth about £150, so you can buy that if you wish. I must say its going to be a bit of a wrench, maybe I will buy it back if you can get it going properly!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Michael, it really is a shame you're not going to continue to try and resolve the issues it has.

Parting with a V6 is a terrible wrench I know and doing all you can to hang onto it will be worth it in the end.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Yep, even though I now have the C5, I still kinda wish I'd kept the Xantia....
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right

Lexia ponce

http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Hi Michael, I'm due to go to Southend shortly so might be able to call in with my Lexia, plug it in & see what's what. If the problems are too complex, I might be interested in buying the car as I'm not a huge distance away in East Sussex. Dont be swayed by what mechanics say about these cars, most are too lazy to diagnose & fix problems on them.

Can you PM me your contact details & I'll be in touch shortly?

Handyman
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Hi Michael,

I've sent you a PM :)
michaelhyatt
My Cars:

Post by michaelhyatt »

handyman wrote:Hi Michael, I'm due to go to Southend shortly so might be able to call in with my Lexia, plug it in & see what's what. If the problems are too complex, I might be interested in buying the car as I'm not a huge distance away in East Sussex. Dont be swayed by what mechanics say about these cars, most are too lazy to diagnose & fix problems on them.

Handyman
handyman wrote:Hi Michael, I'm due to go to Southend shortly so might be able to call in with my Lexia, plug it in & see what's what. If the problems are too complex, I might be interested in buying the car as I'm not a huge distance away in East Sussex. Dont be swayed by what mechanics say about these cars, most are too lazy to diagnose & fix problems on them.

Handyman
KP wrote:Michael, where are you please as I'll be the first one to stick my hand up and say I'll have it at that price :)
can you PM me your contact details & I'll be in touch shortly?

Handyman
michaelhyatt
My Cars:

Post by michaelhyatt »

I am not getting on very well with the internet! My phone xxxx

ADMIN: Michael, I have edited your phone number and PM'd it to Handyman. Never a good idea to leave a phone number in a public forum. They can get harvested and used for nefarious purposes. Same goes for email addresses...

Jim
michaelhyatt
My Cars:

Post by michaelhyatt »

thanks Jim
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

JIm, I hope you weren't referring to me when you mentioned nefarious means! Would I do that? :taz:

Michael, I'll give you a call over the weekend, likely Sunday, as I'm out with SWMBO [-o< tomorrow, hawking chocolates & singing Sea Shanties in the evening. =D> :roll:
H
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

I'll give you a ring tonight Michael as I'm free most of next week bar a trip to Glasgow that's on the cards :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

handyman wrote:JIm, I hope you weren't referring to me when you mentioned nefarious means! Would I do that? :taz:
Of course not Handyman :lol:
KP wrote:I'll give you a ring tonight Michael as I'm free most of next week bar a trip to Glasgow that's on the cards :)
Did you get Michaels' number before I edited it Will or do you want it via PM?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Have it via PM Jim and you have a text but I can call later if it's easier for yoh?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

PM with number set Will..

Don't call me this evening. I'm at karate training :-D
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Chop Suey for dinner then Jim ;)