xantia radio code

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ukmobileman
My Cars:

xantia radio code

Post by ukmobileman »

93 xantia 1.9 td has a citroen rad casette (clarion 2030 i think) i have got original radio code from citroen when i turn on radio it shows 123 and a smaller 2 after 3 .How do i put in radio code? i have tried disconnecting battery and reconnecting stills shows 123+small 2 the red code led does not flash neither does radio display
is radio locked out (too many goes- NOT BY ME!) i dont have booklet on radio haynes manual is no help clarion website is useless or if not where can i get an adaptor plate to fill hole so i can fit a normal radio casette or can anybody recommend a audio repair service in norfolk uk
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

If it's a 2030 it will have the lcd display above the cassette compartment, if it's a 3030 or a 4030 the display will be below, the methods for entering codes are different for 2030 and 3030/4030.
Dave
ukmobileman
My Cars:

Post by ukmobileman »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
If it's a 2030 it will have the lcd display above the cassette compartment, if it's a 3030 or a 4030 the display will be below, the methods for entering codes are different for 2030 and 3030/4030.
Dave

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>it's a 2030
ukmobileman
My Cars:

Post by ukmobileman »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Dave

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>it's a 2030

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>how do i enter code at moment i can press any all radio buttons nothing alters/flashes is radio locked out ? the red CODE led does not flash
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

On power up the display should read CODE, doesn't sound like you get that though, press four random station preset buttons and then press BAND (doing that counts as one attempt), if the word code does not appear in the display it would appear the unit may be faulty or locked up, if you do manage to get CODE displayed you simply enter your code with the station preset keys only, a good unit with the correctly keyed code will then function, 3 attempts are allowed to get the code in, on the fourth incorrect attempt the unit locks up for a minimum of 2 hours.
The first thing I do with a fresh car is remove the line fit crap and put some decent ice in, Citroen supply a din radio surround with a drop down door on it, though you also have to purchase a new plastic trim for the heater controlls to use it.
Hope you get it sorted
MC and a HNY
Dave
ukmobileman
My Cars:

Post by ukmobileman »

On power up the display should read CODE, doesn't sound like you get that though, press four random station preset buttons and then press BAND (doing that counts as one attempt), if the word code does not appear in the display it would appear the unit may be faulty or locked up, if you do manage to get CODE displayed you simply enter your code with the station preset keys only, a good unit with the correctly keyed code will then function, 3 attempts are allowed to get the code in, on the fourth incorrect attempt the unit locks up for a minimum of 2 hours.
The first thing I do with a fresh car is remove the line fit crap and put some decent ice in, Citroen supply a din radio surround with a drop down door on it, though you also have to purchase a new plastic trim for the heater controlls to use it.
Hope you get it sorted
MC and a HNY
Dave

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
ukmobileman
My Cars:

Post by ukmobileman »

Hope you get it sorted
MC and a HNY
Dave

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
i will have another go! got the 2030 to display code - left it on for 2hrs still didnt flash so i pressed buttons still didnt flash so i held BAND button in for 3+seconds bingo asks for code - so easy i think input code and away we go ! NO heres what happened..................this is code for radio 1324 so i think press preselect button 1 once for 1 preselect button 2 three times for 3 preselect 3 twice for 2 but NO when i do that 122 and a small three comes up NUTS i think -ok breathe deeply trys pressing 1 preselect once then band (there goes try no.2) 1 go left i am gonna beat this i think so i try pressing pre1 and 6 (if this is correct) i still fluff it!!! 3 goes LOcked out again guess small 3 means wait 3 hours!! (thats why i'm here) so the question is ....
1 radio is 2030 clarion unit
2 code supplied for citroen is 1324
3 once i get code to diplay on the lcd on radio unit how do i enter the numbers in question 2?!!!
4 thank you!!!!!!!
ukmobileman
My Cars:

Post by ukmobileman »

Got the 2030 to display code - left it on for 2hrs and held BAND button in for 3+ seconds bingo asks for code - so easy i think input code and away we go ! NO heres what happened..................this is code for radio 1324 so i think press preselect button 1 once for 1 preselect button 2 three times for 3 preselect 3 twice for 2 but NO when i do that 122 and a small three comes up NUTS i think -ok breathe deeply trys pressing 1 preselect once then band (there goes try no.2) 1 go left i am gonna beat this i think so i try pressing pre1 and 6 (if this is correct) i still fluff it!!! 3 goes LOcked out again guess small 3 means wait 3 hours!! (thats why i'm here) so the question is ....
1 radio is 2030 clarion unit
2 code supplied by citroen is 1324
3 once i get code to diplay on the lcd on radio unit how do i enter the numbers in question 2?!!!
4 thank you!!!!!!!
p.s repost because i forgot to tick notified by email box - reply to this one - please i have a 6 and 1/2 hours journey with 3 kids tomorrow evening I NEED THE RADIO !!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Hi, the station preset button's are numbered 1-6, when you get it to ask for the code you simply (with your code) press buttons 1324 in that order i,e one button one press only, make sure the display shows the correct code as you enter it.
HNY and drive carefuly
Dave
ukmobileman
My Cars:

Post by ukmobileman »

[quote]
Hi, the station preset button's are numbered 1-6, when you get it to ask for the code you simply (with your code) press buttons 1324 in that order i,e one button one press only, make sure the display shows the correct code as you enter it.
HNY and drive carefuly
Dave

the code is in radio works the journey was a lot less stressful!!!