c5 - how many spheres?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

LEEHUMP1
My Cars:

c5 - how many spheres?

Post by LEEHUMP1 »

Hi,

I own a 2003 C5 Estate 2.0 110bhp 8v SX.

I have checked underneath my car and can only find 4 spheres (one near each wheel). Is this correct as I have read some have 6 spheres with a middle sphere on each axle. I cannot find the other two spheres. Does this mean my car has hydractive 3 suspension rather than hydractive 3+ ??? If so what is the difference?

My car drives fine at the moment but my other question is how often does the suspension need servicing? How do you know if the level of the LDS fluid in the reservoir needs topping up as I cannot find any min or max marks? I have also tried to take the cap off the reservoir but it is stuck solid (presumably meant to be like that to stop people meddling).

Regards, Lee.
2003 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi estate
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: c5 - how many spheres?

Post by myglaren »

Yes, Hydractive 3, not 3+

The system is under slight pressure that makes the cap a bit reluctant to remove.
With the car on low the LDS should be just visible in the filler 'strainer - there are long and short cutouts in it and the fluid should not exceed the top of the shorter ones. Mine does but it was like that when I got it, never done anything about it though.
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Silly question, but you have removed the black cover over the resevoir?
For some reason, it has a dummy 'cap' moulded into it, which won't unscrew no matter how hard you try :lol:
LEEHUMP1
My Cars:

Post by LEEHUMP1 »

Hi, I did remove the black cover :) Thanks for the info.
2003 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi estate