16v 2.0l Auto C5 exclusive

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: 16v 2.0l Auto C5 exclusive

Post by qprdude »

I was under the impression that the X7 Exclusive had 7 spheres. Three at the front and two regulator spheres in the centre at the back plus the two outers.
Have to say than my C5 suspension is just excellent at the minute. On normal, the car floats along and undulations on the motorway are beautifully controlled. The difference when sport mode is selected for the windy bits is startling. The cars sticks to the road like s*** to a blanket. Think I have a weepy front nearside strut but the MOT is coming up and it's covered by warranty I'm told.
Rusty centre spheres and pipework will probably be an MOT frail but time will tell.
8-[
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Smarty2

Post by Smarty2 »

I suppose they do, but since I don't have an x7 I wouldn't really know? My Exclusive has no sport button on it being the revised facelift model prior to the X7. :wink:
Current: C5R Exclusive
EX: C5 2l SX auto
Xantia 2l Hdi exclusive
XM 2.1 TD auto Estate
CX 2.5 TD saloon
BX 1.7 Diesel saloon (2 of)
Smarty2

Post by Smarty2 »

C5's are fun aren't they! bearing in mind the car has only done 63k I noticed a creak coming from the rear end, took it into the garage at Hilton autogas who now do my repairs, turned out the bearings had collapsed and the needle roller bearings had pushed through the seal and tatered up the seat! So my intrepid technician decided not to trouble Citroen (with all the bother at Callais) and found a replacement at a scrap yard, duly took it apart to inspect all the gubbins and found it to be in top condition! So he replaced the radius arm bearings rods and wheel bearings in one go, apparently the rods had seized in solid so he had no choice but to replace them! A spray of black paint and all is like new again. Made sure he packed it all using this grease http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/product. ... tic-grease" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, expensive but I guess once in there that will be it for the life of the car? Have to say how much better the ride quality is now that that has been done, plus the fact he has saved me about a grand off the cost.
One happy bunny here. 8-)
Current: C5R Exclusive
EX: C5 2l SX auto
Xantia 2l Hdi exclusive
XM 2.1 TD auto Estate
CX 2.5 TD saloon
BX 1.7 Diesel saloon (2 of)