C5 2.0ltr HDI. Swirl chamber???

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johnsumner

C5 2.0ltr HDI. Swirl chamber???

Post by johnsumner »

Hi,
Ref: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Does anyone know if the C5 RHR engine has a swirl chamber. Haynes does not mention one and I can't find any mention on Citroen box. I have a fault code P2562 (turbo circuit A)
It has started with the hesitation on acceleration again, 5 months after fitting a new EGR valve which seemed to cure the problem. In desperation I removed the connector to the EGR valve turned it round through 360 degrees and refitted it. Hesitation gone, car runs fine but loses some boost at top end ( above 3000 revs) Removed connector cleaned it and pressed the contacts together to make a tighter contact, Much improved performance but still not right. So I could have faulty wiring to the EGR valve but without any wiring diagrams I am unable to check further. I do NOT get the engine management light coming on.
I am now checking all pipes for leaks and keep seeing "check swirl chamber diaphragm for vacuum leak" when reading through forums.
I will also check the wiring to the turbo tomorrow as I believe "circuit A" refers to an earth circuit from the turbo to the ECU.

I really must buy a vacuum gauge.

Thanks

John.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: C5 2.0ltr HDI. Swirl chamber???

Post by Peter.N. »

If its the swirl flaps as in the 2.2 you are referring to, it makes very little difference whether they are working or not, or at least it didn't on mine. I take it this is the 16 valve 2.0. you are referring to, I'm not very good with numbers, the 8 valve certainly doesn't have them.

Peter
johnsumner

Re: C5 2.0ltr HDI. Swirl chamber???

Post by johnsumner »

Hi,
I have had confirmation from the Citroen dealer I use that its only the 2.2 that uses the swirl chamber. Thanks. John.