C5 4HP20

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pavlebo
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: Citroen C5MKI, C5 MK2 and C4 Picasso B78

Post by pavlebo »

Yes. I will change oil. I trying to obtain LT71141.Here in Montenegro it is not easy. Thanks to everyone for the help. I will try to do it myself. Also I will take pictures through the process of dismantle and also when I open old one. Sorry for not quite good English.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: C5 4HP20

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

This is probably a useful website to use;

http://www.eastment.net/4hp20/4hp20_introduction.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By the way, don't worry about your English, it is a lot better than my Montenegrin!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:This is probably a useful website to use;

http://www.eastment.net/4hp20/4hp20_introduction.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By the way, don't worry about your English, it is a lot better than my Montenegrin!
I think that goes for all of us James :)
pavlebo

Post by pavlebo »

Site with some more informatios for gearbox: http://www.coupe406.com/documents/Tutor ... _4HP20.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's a good site Pavlebo :-D Thank you for posting it up!

All those pages are a direct lift from the Citroen 4HP20 overhaul manual so you know the information is good.

Being in French is not a huge problem either. Technical French is not hard to read as it's very similar to technical English!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
pavlebo

Post by pavlebo »

Today I started to remove the gear box from my C5. I took without trouble driveshafts and other componets and bolts. But I can not take out gearbox. There is no enough space, I think I must unmounting the front subframe to gearbox have to come down? Gearbox is separated from the engine 2 to 3 cm, and some oil come down from gearbox.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

You'll have to lift the engine and gearbox clear so that'll mean bolting the gearbox back the the engine. It'll be the only way but...
pavlebo wrote: and some oil come down from gearbox.
Sounds like the torque converter has come adrift from the gearbox input shaft and that may mean it's now impossible to join the gearbox back to the engine ready for the engine out job.

You may now find yourself in a lot of bother and problems I'm afraid.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
pavlebo

Post by pavlebo »

Yes, the torque converter adrift from gearbox and there is not enough space for moving gearbox. I succeeded to insert tool to block converter , similar to Citroen tool.
Now, gearbox is out without removing front subframe.
pavlebo

Post by pavlebo »

I will try to fit new gearbox. I have not gearbox refitting rods 8010 and 8010 TA2. I will try to adapt screws to simulate rods.

Old gearbox and torque converter.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent work!

Yes, you can use bolts in place of the rods with no problem...
Jim

pavlebo

Post by pavlebo »

in shops here is only Total Fluide At42 oil!?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

pavlebo wrote:in shops here is only Total Fluide At42 oil!?

No, you must use Esso/Mobil LT71141. Nothing else at all. Citroen Dealers will sell it (or should)! It comes under a Citroen part number. I can advise later when I'm at home.
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

9730AE I think.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:9730AE I think.
It might be down you neck of the woods Adam but I have a jar of the genuine Citroen stuff here on my desk and the Part Number is 9736.22

It's called ESSO ATF 4HP20AL4
Jim

pavlebo

Post by pavlebo »

I am still trying to find MOBIL ATF. In shop close to my home they recommand me to buy TOTAL FLUIDE XLD FE, but I refused.

http://www.total-serbia.rs/sr/lubricant ... visor.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is it possibile to remove old oil from TC?

Can I clean gearbox with pressure washer?

Waiting for the oil and drive shafr rubber boot, I will start tomorrow to dismantle old gearbox. I prepared most of the tools and clean space for the job.

Thank you guys for your support!