Lexia and dead-locking ECU on Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: Lexia and dead-locking ECU on Xantia

Post by Mandrake »

Just in case you two are not aware of this thread, where I have traced all the pinouts of mine:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 11&t=49045" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My 30 pin round to OBD-II cable only has 16 pins populated at the round end by the way - not surprising when there are only 16 pins at the other end for them to go to...I haven't checked how many pins are populated on the Lexia side of the round connector though.

Also my OBD-II to 30 pin rectangular connector has all of the 16 pins on the OBD-II end populated and has all relevant pins on the 30 pin rectangular connector that need to go to somewhere populated and connected - including the ECU's I can't communicate with.

So I don't believe its necessary to have any more than 16 pins total to communicate with all ECU's on a S1 Xantia.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

Hi Simon, no I hadn't seen that thread, didn't think to search that area of the forum - will do so in future :oops:
Looks like we are after the same result.

I have had trouble getting the 30 pin rectangular connector to go all the way home, always 2-3mm gap - no matter how much I have shaved off the thing :evil:
Here is a thread I found about this
http://club-xm.com/forum/lofiversion/in ... 5049&st=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
apparently this 2-3mm is important.
Do you have this 2-3mm gap? :?:
1997 Xantia 1.9TD LX (owned for 14 years) - Snoopy

Gone but always remembered
GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

I'll check but I don't think there is much gap on mine. I've removed the sliding clip (it's broken now actually) but it didn't really make any difference.

As I posted in the other thread I'm going to make a breakout cable to see if I can figure out whether the issue is incorrect wiring of the OBD-II to 30 pin diagnostic adaptor. If it is a simple adaptor should be possible. Might take me a few weeks but if I am successful I'll report back in the other thread. I'm determined to find out why I can't connect to those three ECU (including deadlocking) when it seems that other people also have the exact same problem...it could be something as simple as a wiring mistake in most of the cloned adaptor cables on sale...(many of these 16 pin to 30 pin adaptors from ebay don't work at all!)
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

I'll watch the other thread - fingers crossed you find the problem - bit miffed I can only read 3 ECUs!
I'll try making the guiding channels wider on the 30 pin rectangular connector, it should go into the car socket all the way with no gaps according to measurements, can't see anything else stopping it!

GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

Almost forgot, neither of the key programming methods listed above worked unfortunately, but thanks for the suggestions, tried both several times with both receivers :(
Looks like I'm going to have to get a replacement dead-locking ECU :(

GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta