Xantia chrome door trim

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Xantia chrome door trim

Post by Eddie Nuff »

I've started to remove the chrome from the plastic strips on the doors but the chrome is stuck on solid in places and won't move. I've tried soaking in hot water, heating with a hair dryer, a stanley knife blade but the damn things are on solid.

Any ideas for how to remove the chrome and just leave the black plastic strip?
Juliso35
My Cars:

Re: Xantia chrome door trim

Post by Juliso35 »

Hi Eddie!!

Why would you do that?? :o :shock: . Maybe you could try this first!!

These are some pictures of how I made a Corel .CDR file in order to be used on a cutting plotter. Then I bought 3 meters of silver vinyl. That's enough to have a complete set of trims. These pictures only shows the process to digitize them. At this moment I don't have a picture of my car with the new trims but the result was really good. They seem almost new. I you don't know how to deal with this materials, anyone who is working in vehicle demarcation could do it for you by using the right tools. (Heat Gun, cutter, plastic spatula etc)

Unfourtunately I made the file only for State version but if someone is really interested I could made the file for Berlina and paste the link here. It contains front and rear bumpers, doors and rear door. Its only need to clean well and then apply the cutted trims. Once again please excuse my english. I can't find the right technical words. I hope this helps you!! :oops:
:D Image :D