Xantia aircon

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Xantia97
My Cars:

Re: Xantia aircon

Post by Xantia97 »

I know at least one leak test was done by pressure because the mechanic said the system would not maintain pressure, then the leak in the condenser was found. I know I should 'kick this into touch' but I originally bought the car for a/c and remote locking (it obviously had to be a Citroen, didn't look at anything else), so getting these fixed is my goal in life at the moment - sad I know :roll: :lol:
1997 Xantia 1.9TD LX (owned for 14 years) - Snoopy

Gone but always remembered
GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
harryp
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Forte HDI 110 hatch in wicked red, SORN
Exclusive HDI hatch in quartz, SORN
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Post by harryp »

Hi Juliette,
Interesting post on aircon - cats apart :wink: - Did your Peugeot dealer eventually resolve the issue or are you now hot and humid? :lol:
Regards, Harry

2000 Nov Forte HDI 110 hatch in Wicked Red; currently SORN
2000 Mar Exclusive HDI hatch in Quartz; currently SORN
2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
Peugeot 207cc 1.6 Roland Garros
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

Hi Harry,
I haven't bothered to go any further this year with the problem (due to ill-health), I might before next summer but I'd want to find someone who would do a full test on the system so I know the total cost in advance, no nasty shocks :lol: . So still hot and humid :-D
Juliet
1997 Xantia 1.9TD LX (owned for 14 years) - Snoopy

Gone but always remembered
GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
harryp
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Forte HDI 110 hatch in wicked red, SORN
Exclusive HDI hatch in quartz, SORN
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Post by harryp »

Hi Juliette,
sorry to hear of your problems :( . Having similar with mine..... Have bought some O-rings for pipes from compressor and will fit before changing pump. Just have to find where I have put them for safety :wink: . Hope you are soon feeling better.
Regards, Harry

2000 Nov Forte HDI 110 hatch in Wicked Red; currently SORN
2000 Mar Exclusive HDI hatch in Quartz; currently SORN
2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
Peugeot 207cc 1.6 Roland Garros
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

just to confirm Citroenxm is correct I checked my Dads Mk1 vsx drier and my S2 drier they seem to be identical its the plumbing that is different. The major problem we had was that the connector on the Mk1 had worn so the machine could not be connected to recharge the system.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.