What is my C5 worth?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cpikey316_
My Cars:

What is my C5 worth?

Post by cpikey316_ »

Hope this is in the right place, if not if someone could move it, that would be great!

2002 C5 LX. Basic poverty spec with a HDi (110) engine. Changed the MAF sensor after I bought it and it runs well now, I do 30 miles a day in it. 4 tires seem ok to me!

Got a bluetooth/Aux in with phone control and microphone stereo in it. No lights lit up on dash. Air con DOESNT work, think theres a small leak somewhere

Some photos of bodywork and interior follow. Would prefer to part ex, but will sell privately if there is more money in it for me. Im aware its not going to be much, but how much do you think ill get for it a. Part ex b. Privately

Light bluey 2002 C5 LX
Bandit12
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: C5 X7 diesel exclusive

Re: What is my C5 worth?

Post by Bandit12 »

Tidy looking car mate:-) I would do a search on auto trader.co.uk you can be very specific and type in exactly what your car is including the year and mileage. You can then see what others are selling theirs for. I've done this a few times with motorbikes and it does give you a fairly accurate price and only costs you 5 minutes of internet time :-) If no one is selling your exact car then just get as close as you can and make an educated guess.
Good luck:-)
2002 Citroen C5 2.2Hdi exclusive estate (sadly gone) :(
2009 Citroën C5 X7 2.0 hdi (136bhp) exclusive estate (Oh wow what an upgrade) 8-)
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

It will always be worth more to you selling privately or on ebay than trading in. You might only be offered say £500 for a trade in but be able to negotiate say £300 off without a trade in. It is more hassle though and the last cars I sold privately you get clowns not turning up, others with no money, others wanting a perfect car for nothing. Look on ebay to see the prices of similar cars sold.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

For that matter, it's worth a lot more than you're likely to get for it.
Citroens in general, and Mk 1 C5s in particular, are seriously under-valued in this country.
You are unlikely to get much else of similar spec for the same money.
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I agree with the seriously undervalued statement. I paid a bit less than a grand for my 07 reg with 108K and once serviced and cleaned is a great car. Mu brother in law paid near 4 grand for a mondeo titanium-x tdci with 102K and prefers my c5 but I'm not swapping. I prefer mine too at 1/4 of what paid. It's unbelievable really.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I shall likely buy a decent MK1 C5 HDI for the winter in a month or so, but it must have working aircon/heating. Just about everything else I can do without, but nightmarish 5:30am starts in winter with crazy heating or aircon is a no-no.
cpikey316_
My Cars:

Post by cpikey316_ »

This is why i'm selling it Mike, could be a simple £10 fix, could be a £500 pipe, I dont know and i'm not willing to spend cash finding out

Want more creature comforts too, like leather. Am currently looking at Honda Accords, Jaguar X types and Mondeo Ghia Xs, I like the amount of Kit you get with a mondeo but the Hondas appeal with their bulletproofness!

They seem to be selling for £3-400 on the bay of E. It what I was expecting tbh. Need to find a replacement first though!
Light bluey 2002 C5 LX
hamster99

Post by hamster99 »

Have you thought about getting yourself another C5, maybe a facelift 2005 onwards. If you look around you should be able to get a half decent 2.0 HDI VTR or Exclusive for much less than an equivalent age and spec Ford, Jag or Honda. The Jag and Mondeo both use the same HDI engine variant too. Avoid the 1.6 HDI though as it's not a very reliable engine in some ways. Also, if you have the space to keep your old C5 it will probably be worth more to you in spares than you could get for it. I've been using my "old" VTR as spares for a couple of years now and saved a fortune, far more than it would ever have been worth if I sold it.
15 C4 1.6 eHDI 115 Exclusive - better half's
12 RR Westminster 4.4 TDV8 - Gentleman's Club on wheels
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Exclusive - gone but not forgotten
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 VTR - crushed May 2015
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Half decent ones are selling on ebay for about £500-700, for a quick and straightforward sale that would be your best bet. There are usually a few on there but the price you need to look at is what they are actually selling for not what they are asking.

Peter
cpikey316_
My Cars:

Post by cpikey316_ »

I've already been looking at C5 exclusives and 407 executives (i have a serious man crush on the 407 SW!) A nice 2.2 C5 is priced about the same as a Mondeo or Jag on ebay but I feel i'm jynxed with PSA and air con! It just NEVER works for me (this is my 5th PSA car)

I had a Saab inbetween and the air con in that would hurt your hand if you put the blowers on full, it was that good and on a 15 year old car!
Light bluey 2002 C5 LX
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I'm kind of tempted myself actually and it's not that far away
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Air conditioning won't be hard to diagnose, as noted repair costs may be high. I am a 365 day user of it, just turning up the heat in winter. Never a problem if sorted properly to start with.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Yes, it's on all the time in the Berlingo too.

I'm just wondering if I could go without over the winter if the fault is expensive but the car cheap enough.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk
waynedance

Post by waynedance »

My air conditioning is àlways on, climate on auto all year round. Only switch off on the odd occasion when I want the windows open which is not often. As said should not be too much hopefully to fix.
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.
cpikey316_
My Cars:

Post by cpikey316_ »

I am also of the 24/7 air con using variety! it annoys me that theyre usually broken due to negligence.

My colleague told me a few weeks ago that he doesnt use his as he was told it decreases fuel efficiency by 50%!
Light bluey 2002 C5 LX