Trouble pairing Key fob/hf remote - C5 II

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

haydent
My Cars: Citroen C5 II HDI

Trouble pairing Key fob/hf remote - C5 II

Post by haydent »

Hi all thanks for stopping by. I have lexia clone and successfully paired the id54? transponder chips in some newly cut keys and they start the car.

Problem im having is getting the remote buttons to work. Car came with 1 original key/fob, and aiming to have a spare.

To begin with i bought a reproduction key/fob as well as plain key (no fob) off ebay. the key/fob looks same inside and out and is the oval 3 button key flip type.

Both keys i was able to program the transponder chip and use to start the car. But the one with the buttons i could not get them to work, after following lexia instructions. (ign on, hold button, ign off)

After some time i gave up as by using parameter measurement in lexia it would not show any code recognised or not being recieved, and it was not going into anti scanning mode.

I put this down to the fact that the radio circuit board must have some difference or defect, even though an RF meter i have showed it was transmitting signal.

So i ordered a second hand original fob off ebay, just for the board. hopefull i tried that but still no luck. same thing. RF meter shows it is transmitting, but lexia and car show now signs of it being recognised.

Advertisement

I would have thought i would have atleast seen lexia show me the car was in anti scanning mode or that it had received a unrecognised signal but no...

Does anyone have any tips or thought on why im not getting anywhere ?

thanks again,
Hayden.

PS - i found out disabling the automatic windscreen wipers (not present) disabled the automatic headlights...
PPS - the engine speed sensor (crank sensor) can be replaced from under the car without having to remove anything other than 1 m8 bolt

Lexia HF Bind / Pair Proceduce