Citroen C5 HOT on left Cold on right

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenaretop
New User

Citroen C5 HOT on left Cold on right

Post by citroenaretop »

HI

I have a problem that I think is not unusual with C5s (HDi 2002)

AC working and fans working but most days I get HOT air blowing from the left hand vents and cold from the right (Control set to 18C both sides)

I think the problem is the Heater box has two motors that control the internal flaps and these drive plastic cogs; cogs which wear out.

I recall there was a fix that solved this problem and it could be done without the removal of the dash board and all the sounding covers. It was a service offer by a mechanic in the midlands UK. Does anyone know who and where this person is located and how he can be contacted?

thanks
hamster99

Re: Citroen C5 HOT on left Cold on right

Post by hamster99 »

Welcome to the forum.
You're right, this isn't an unusual problem for us C5 owners. I have had to remove my dashboard and replace the heater flappy things (actually the whole unit in my case, as I had a spare!) but it's really not as bad as you think.
There were some posts about people who have cut out the side section from the passenger side (you can't get at it on the drivers side anyway) but that seemed like a lot of work anyway.
Removing the dashboard isn't as bad as it sounds and there are some shortcuts which aren't in the Haynes manual (you DONT have to remove the airbags and the steering column and steering wheel etc can all be removed as one unit not in separate bits)
Search for C5 heater flaps and it will bring up plenty of posts and also take a look at this one:
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=48497" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rob
15 C4 1.6 eHDI 115 Exclusive - better half's
12 RR Westminster 4.4 TDV8 - Gentleman's Club on wheels
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Exclusive - gone but not forgotten
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 VTR - crushed May 2015
waynedance

Post by waynedance »

the motor in question if it is the same one i done took 10 mins to change. I changed mine for the new modded one with a longer spindle.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=32780" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

look on the first page.
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Re: Citroen C5 HOT on left Cold on right

Post by SaabC5 »

As Wayne said, glove box out and you can see the motor in question, one electrical connecter and 3 screws and you've changed it out. Any mechanic can do it pdq, revised motor was about £80 from memory.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink: