Xantia Alarm?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dg1047

Xantia Alarm?

Post by dg1047 »

Hi,
I have an ongoing problem with my Xantia. There is a third party alarm fitted which operates the central locking etc, but whenever I turn the ignition, either to start or turn off the engine, the headlights flash for a few seconds asif the factory alarm is still enabled in someway. The headlights can also start to flash if I'm travelling, so I have to drive with the lights on all the time (I'd buy a volvo if I wanted to do that!)
Any advice? This used to happen before, but stopped (I don't know why) - and after reconnecting the battery earlier today it's started again.
HELP!
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

It sounds like your oem alarm is still working. To cancel the alarm, turn on the ignition with the volumetric button pressed it, you may have to do this several times before the alarm de activates.
Paul
PS had a similar problem when I flattened the battery just after getting the car, ended up driving to a dealer who shewed me how to turn it of, good fun though driving a white car with the headlights flashing, cars moved over for me, including a police car!!!!
dg1047

Post by dg1047 »

Pah! If only I had a white one :)
Thanks for the advice... worked a treat!
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

[:D][:D][8D][8D]
Paul - I have a white BX - now I'm seriously considering fitting one of these alarms [:D][:D]
hehehe....
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Bad Lad AndersDK....hehehe[;)]