Diagbox/Lexia bought...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Re: Diagbox/Lexia bought...

Post by sparksie »

Yes, I could reformat the HDD, but the next day I'd discover I'd lost my VAT cert, or something equally vital, because I didn't remember to dig it out and store it somewhere else.
There are so many situations where paper communication is no longer acceptable, each with their own security protocols, I'm bound to overlook something crucial.
I suppose I could install a new, blank HDD, thus safeguarding the existing one.
Or I could bite the bullet and learn how to use one of my backups, in the hope that everything that needs keeping is actually in it!
Or I can get a new plaything, with legit reasons, that will make everything easy for a couple of years...
Hmmm...
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

sparksie wrote:Yes, I could reformat the HDD,
I've never needed to do that on anything I've installed Lexia/Diagbox on. I'll see if I can dig out the thread with decent instructions on.
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

Thanks.
I've been having a hard time, over the last week, or so.
I haven't checked out the links supplied by James and Hell Razor yet, so the solution may be there, whenever the attitude is right and the time available to struggle with it again.
But yes, English language instructions, with actual troubleshooting help, would be a big help.
Thanks guys
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Those photobucket links are to photos of the instructions supplied with my Lexia system. Somebody else was having problems with theirs, hence the photos. I hope they help you.

What I would do re your laptop is to get hold of a cheap HDD (2.5 inch), disable any passwords on the laptop, swap over the HDDs, pop the original drive into an appropriate drive caddy (so you still have all the information if needed), and then re-build the laptop with the new drive. I (or Mike) could easily do that for you, and, as Mike has made an offer to help, it could be worth considering it.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

With the way my shifts fall, and the fact it's sometimes quiet on a night shift, it's no problem for me to do it.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

Hi Guys

Got the PM from Mike and responded.
If problem not fixed beforehand, maybe I'll bring the offending Dell with me on holidays.
We're spending a week in Wales at the end of August and will hopefully be bringing Cit along... Brave, or what?
Just need to find time to do the timing belt and water pump first!
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

Right.
Had a look at the instructions in the link and, surprise surprise, there are a couple of steps I'm pretty sure are not mentioned in my instructions.
In any case, I certainly did not edit any files, for example.
In my case, all passwords are "scary01", which appeared to work. I note the "scary01" password only appears towards the end of your installation.
I wonder what, if any, difference that makes...
Can't do anything with it until Sunday, at the soonest.
We're about to have SWMBO's mother staying and I have to go and collect her and her car tomorrow, as she can't do long journeys.
This will be Cit's first encounter with the solo-matic, so that'll be enough fun for one day.
I'd rather use a 4wd for that, but haven't got a road legal one at the mo and the recovery wagon is almost certainly going to be bean cans... Not that she'd be willing/able to climb up into that anyway!
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

Hijacking the topic ... :D ... any of the more experienced DiagBox out there ever faced a problem with "Security prevention" or something along those lines? I'm trying to change one parameter on my nav unit, and when entering its options, before they're listed, I get a notification that due to security reasons (can't remember the exact message) the teleconfiguration won't be possible ... after confirmation, the options does get listed, one of them can be selected normally, teleconfig can be finished, and then the nav unit goes into reboot ... and upon rebooting, teleconfiguration failed gets displayed on the DiagBox, with the previous option being displayed ... any ideas what the problem would be?