Diagbox/Lexia bought...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Diagbox/Lexia bought...

Post by sparksie »

Hi all.

Following a frustrating and embarrassing week of Citroen fun, I've bitten the bullet and bought this:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXIA-3-PEUGE ... 4ad6d9e4a7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I hope that'll solve my issues with Xsara Picasso airbag lights and Berlingo and Xantia immobilisers.
I'm still going to need the 4 digit code for my own Xantia, so I can introduce a new key (or two), but I'm no closer to sorting that.
With luck, after a bit of playtime with it, I'll be able to put myself on the Lexia map and start giving something back to you guys.
Fingers crossed, eh?
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
lankytim
My Cars:

Re: Diagbox/Lexia bought...

Post by lankytim »

I have the same one, I just couldn't install it and found I needed a 32 bit version of windows, gah!
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

I won't have that problem!
My newest-fangled machine runs Vista business 32 bit.
Though I may just get a refurbed laptop, just for all the Citroen stuff I'm accumulating.
We'll see...
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

IIRC there might be an issue if you want to install the Diagbox software on the same computer as the diagnostics disks. I think (but I am NOT certain) that it has something to do with PSAagent. If my memory is correct, you can install the disks followed by the Lexia software, but not the other way around.

I repeat, I am NOT certain of this. I hope that somebody will come along who can either clarify this, or point out my errors.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

Well, for now it's not going to be a problem.
I still haven't got around to installing the diagnostic discs on the office PC, never having been able to set aside the frightening amount of time I'm led to believe is necessary.
The Lexia will have to be on a laptop, if it's to be of any practical use.
I probably won't bother putting the diagnostic stuff on the laptop, as really I envisage needing to print extracts from that, so I can tick things off as I do them, or scribble notes to remind myself of things, if a job takes more than one session to complete.
This is something best done in the office, using the printer that's permanently connected to the PC, in turn securely positioned in a safe place where I'm unlikely to drop/walk on/drive over it.
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
Xantia97
My Cars:

Post by Xantia97 »

lankytim wrote:I have the same one, I just couldn't install it and found I needed a 32 bit version of windows, gah!
If you have certain versions of windows 7 64 bit you can install xp mode as a virtual computer. This is what I intend to do, Stempy has done it, I'll report how and if it works when my Lexia is delivered.
See thread
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=48860" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Juliet
1997 Xantia 1.9TD LX (owned for 14 years) - Snoopy

Gone but always remembered
GS Pallas
GSA X1
AX - bad mistake!
ZX 1.9D
3 x Opel Manta
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

sparksie wrote:Well, for now it's not going to be a problem.
I still haven't got around to installing the diagnostic discs on the office PC, never having been able to set aside the frightening amount of time I'm led to believe is necessary.
The Lexia will have to be on a laptop, if it's to be of any practical use.
Doing the diagnostic installation isn't difficult (other than the key generation bit), just time consuming. If you are happy to leave it running overnight I would start the installation around midday. Depending on how quick the PC is, it should be on disk 3 by the time you are ready to shut up shop. The installation should be done by the time you open the following morning.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

Got a box of tricks from the post-man this morning.
Hadn't time to play with it today, but the leads and connectors look to be of good quality.
I took out the single sheet A4 page of "instructions" to read while waiting in traffic.
I wish I hadn't. Having carefully read the whole thing, I'm nearly as wise as I was before.
This is not for somebody who doesn't know about computers.
Apparently "all you need to do" to solve most problems is a full clean Windows install!
Easy... NOT!!!
In my case, if I encounter any problem that I can't intuitively solve, a replacement (refurbed) laptop will become the new home for all things French, leaving the normal laptop for everything else.
Probably won't have time for experimenting until Thursday
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

Tried and failed to install diagbox.
The Russian instructions didn't help, but I muddled through until I got an error installing Lexia.
It claims I need to re-enable it in order to reinstall it! Eh???
Re-installed the whole thing (several times!), with the same result.
Think I need a proper, English language, step-by-step instruction.
Anyone able to oblige?
I can't "Simply do a full Windows install", even if I knew how, because it came pre-installed, with no discs!
I think I feel a refurb laptop stalking me...
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

This might help;

http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/james ... ort=3&o=16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/james ... ort=3&o=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What make of laptop?
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

Thanks, James.
Working with my phone, as we're visiting in-laws at the mo.
Can't check it out until we get home.
The laptop is a Dell
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Then you can get hold of a Dell Windows XP disc that will allow you to install Windows without having to activate it (it is pre-activated). You can also download the relevant drivers from the Dell website (all you will need to get the right ones is the service tag (otherwise known as the serial number) or the model number (i.e. Latitude D610). You normally can find this on a label underneath the laptop, or in the BIOS screen).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-Windows- ... 4ad51fb421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

A high end Oxfam refurb jobbie is €280 ( about £200), so that might be my best way forward!
The Dell is ready to draw a pension. I'm really only sticking with it because the battery is phenomenal.
It has always been a bit unstable, due to large, unwanted, software packages supplied half-baked installed!
What bugs me is, my current machine is way better than required for this, if only I knew what the problem was.
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

What model of Dell is it? You almost certainly can get the device drivers for it (as Dell have them on their website long after the item has gone out of production!), and (as that e-bay item shows) you can get hold of a legitimate copy of Windows to install (and it works properly; I have used it). If you can get these you could blank the HDD and start it from scratch, eliminating those problematic part installs.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

sparksie wrote:A high end Oxfam refurb jobbie is €280 ( about £200), so that might be my best way forward!
You can send it over to me in Reading for way less than that and I'll fix it and send it back for free :-)