2003 C3 injectors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stu-
New User

2003 C3 injectors

Post by Stu- »

C3 2003 1.6 petrol

The other halfs car has started running on 3 cylinders, so i've been given the job to fix it. The EML has lit up, so i've run diagnostics, which showed P0300 ransom/multiple cylinder misfire and P0336 crankshaft position sensor.

I have so far changed the crank position sensor, cleared the fault codes and started. Still running on 3.

So I then tested the plugs and coil pack, all plugs spark, so appear to be fine.

I next decided to test the injectors, old fashioned method, long screw driver on each and listen for a clicking noise to check if its working. So i've now narrowed it down to injector 4 (flywheel end) isn't working.

Does anyone know of a how to guide or brief description of how to change the injectors? I have fitted them on dozens of different cars in the past, most have had a different (easiest) method of removal/refitting. I have searched the net but cant find a lot for her engine, only the 1.4 which makes reference to leaving the inlet manifold in place, which i'm hoping is possible for this engine.