citroen C5 brake failure warning

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

citroen C5 brake failure warning

Post by deano1970 »

my mate bought my C5 exclusive estate 2.2hdi off me a few months ago....I had the handbrake fixed then sold the car on....he has just listed it on e bay but it has now come up with a warning on the dash saying brake failure.....but everything is working fine,what could be the problem?? faulty sensor etc?? he has had to drop the price considerably in view of the warning light coming on.......I spent a load on it as well,but he is now getting rid if any enthusiasts are interested?? service history to die for,worth a look at a good price

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-CITROEN- ... 27e670b4e3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C5 X7
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: citroen C5 brake failure warning

Post by vborovic »

Slightly OT, but was wondering for a long time now, how it is possible to buy a great C5 under 1000 GBP in the UK? What is the reason? I'm asking because if I wanted such a car like the one listed, used ones in Croatia are around 2000-2500 GBP, at minimum ... averaging at around 3000 GBP ... and those are average car prices over here, does not apply just to Citroens, basically anything in the same class ...
deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

Post by deano1970 »

don't know mate, maybe i should tell him to advertise on ebay croatia site and drive it over there?? :) does seem really cheap and it's a shame.I spent more than that on maintenance for the car,including new battery,radius arm bearings and new handbrake.........madness really.....
C5 X7
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

No ebay croatia so far, but we have pretty good and highly popular local alternatives (without the support, paypal, and all the user safety (financial) mechanisms, just advertising what is being sold) ... not just this car, but as I've looked here at some of the linked ads, I felt like I could buy a car, if for no different reason, just to have it sitting in front of my driveway ... heck, the newer (used) navigation I've put in my car costs more than a driveable C5 in the UK ... :D ... madness indeed ...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

You can get a reasonable C5Hdi here for around £600.00 I think the main reason is the cost of repairs over here, unless you can do it yourself many repairs can cost more than that so people tend to replace the car if there is much wrong it and they are not technically minded.

Peter