Comfort Spheres

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantiagreen
My Cars:

Comfort Spheres

Post by xantiagreen »

Would I be able to feel a huge difference with Comfort spheres fitted, theres a company online http://www.sphere-shop.fr/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (IFHS spheres) selling 4 for just under £100 non Hydractive. Should I just stick with the standard spheres?

Thanks..
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
96 Xantia 2lt 16v Sx Olive green
01 Xantia 110 Hdi
Storm Grey (SOLD 4/11/18)

Temporarily driving Polo 1.9sdi

All I want is a Bx Gti or 16v!
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Comfort Spheres

Post by Peter.N. »

They are probably cheap enough to buy as a spare set! Yes, you will notice a difference but only where the ride is at its best anyway, at reasonable speed on major roads, then its even better they don't make a great deal of difference for where hydropnumatic is at its weakest, low speeds on rough roads.

I tried an experiment once using accumulator spheres on the suspension, the ride really was superb with not a bump felt, unfortunately they don't handle well like that.

To answer your question, yes, I always used comfort spheres on my XMs because I like a really soft ride, but not everyone does, if that's what you like go ahead and fit them.

Peter
xantiagreen
My Cars:

Post by xantiagreen »

Peter.N. wrote:They are probably cheap enough to buy as a spare set! Yes, you will notice a difference but only where the ride is at its best anyway, at reasonable speed on major roads, then its even better they don't make a great deal of difference for where hydropnumatic is at its weakest, low speeds on rough roads.

I tried an experiment once using accumulator spheres on the suspension, the ride really was superb with not a bump felt, unfortunately they don't handle well like that.

To answer your question, yes, I always used comfort spheres on my XMs because I like a really soft ride, but not everyone does, if that's what you like go ahead and fit them.

Peter

Cheers for info Peter, Will the spheres lose significant pressure if sat on shelf for 2 years (had full set od standard spheres fitted last year)
Faz

90 Ax 1.0 Red
90 Bx 1.7 TZD Green
92 Bx Gti BRG
90 Bx 16v Cream
96 Xantia 2lt 16v Sx Olive green
01 Xantia 110 Hdi
Storm Grey (SOLD 4/11/18)

Temporarily driving Polo 1.9sdi

All I want is a Bx Gti or 16v!
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I have never experienced significant pressure loss with stored spheres, they obviously will go down slowly but not nearly as fast as when they are having their pressure drastically increased under working conditions.

Peter