Getting Radio and CD to work in C5 after work.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boristhespie
My Cars:

Getting Radio and CD to work in C5 after work.

Post by boristhespie »

My 2006 C5 Exclusive went in for, Clutch, oil change etc. It came back with display flashing so I assume the battery was disconnected. The radio is greyed out in the menu options and it isn’t playing.

It never used to switch off. I presume there is an issue with the on/off button. The manual says that it is paired to the car so there is nothing the driver has to do (ie no code)
Thing is is simply isn’t playing/ Nothing works and being greyed out in the menu I am not sure how to get it working and I can't see why a dodgy on off would have the radio section greyed out in the display. Can anyone give advice?
C'est pas possible!
Clogzz
My Cars:

Re: Getting Radio and CD to work in C5 after work.

Post by Clogzz »

Disconnecting the battery turns the radio off in a way that it needs switching back on by pushing the switch/volume control knob.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Once again, you seem to have been let down by your garage, Boris.
Take the car back, and get them to sort it out - they should have taken care to followhe correct procedure when disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, or connected a maintenance supply.
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

Ok fixed. I was trying to take off front panel and simply pulled off the knob. The metal knob underneath works fine. Seems when i push the knob it doesn't push in the metal knob so I put some glue in the bottom of the plastic knob so when I pish this knob it will engage with the metal knob. Now I feel like a nob
C'est pas possible!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Common problem on mk2 C5's, you can buy the button separate.
See here > http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... on#p319634" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;