C5 hydractive probelm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SaleB
My Cars:

C5 hydractive probelm

Post by SaleB »

Hello all,

I have a problem with my 2003 Citroen C5 hydractive suspension. About a year ago it started dropping the rear axle while driving on straight roads in sport mode (often a few tens of meters after a bump on the road). I those situation I would park on the side and it would rise up in a minute or two. Someone (workshop) suggested that it is most certainly the LDS pump; during the same workshop visit the LDS fluid has been changed. I have refrained myself of using the sport mode and had no problems for a year. Now, it happens that when I park the car after a short session of aggressive driving in regular mode, in the moment when I turn the ignition of it drops down and before I get out of the car it rises to the regular level.

Here I have read that similar problems can make the rear level sensor. As I do have access to a Lexia clone I would like to know what should I look for to determine the source of my problem.

I also have a few other problems, the COMM 2000 light direction light handle will fail very quickly. Also the front speakers in the dash board do not work. I have suspected the JBL unit, but as it worked for a few seconds in some tight corner I learned that it will be the wiring. Also, in winter often happens that drivers (left) door does not unlock on plip button press (locking always works fine), but I also suspect the wiring, presumably in door joint tunnel. The passenger side mirror sometimes gets into position for reverse driving and sometimes not, but it is not much of a concern to me. If you could suggest the position where I should first look for the problems on the front speaker wiring I would be grateful.

Thankful in advance,
SaleB