Xantia V6 Power Steering Pipe

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

evilclive

Re: Xantia V6 Power Steering Pipe

Post by evilclive »

I asked him for pictures and he did provide some. I'll report back on how it goes.
Flat Eric

Post by Flat Eric »

Yeah, please let us know how it goes.

Can you provide the pictures here?
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

So for the 3 piece section the fella charges £160?!? I wonder how much plaides would be...

You could always do the job and send the pipe but then just push the car out of the garage and not turn it over or use the steering David?? Straight onto the trailer and that way you winch it up, and then tilt the trailer to drop it off when the pipe comes back :)
evilclive

Post by evilclive »

There may be some confusion here. I've not mentioned the price the retro-rides guy charges. But it's 35 quid for the rubber bit, or 50 for rubber plus two cunifer bits. Plaides is 45 quid (or was it 40? I wasn't entirely awake when I phoned them) to put a new 4.5mm end on an existing pipe.
Flat Eric

Post by Flat Eric »

I mentioned £160 for the genuine Citroen part for the Activa which while not available from Citroen UK anymore it is available from other european sellers.
c.morewood
Donor 2023
My Cars: '00 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 65K "W"
'99 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 310K SORN "V"
'98 Xantia 1.9TD SX Estate 150K Sold "T"

Post by c.morewood »

Pictures
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=49072" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris
Tesla Model 3 LR DM AWD Blue White
'00 Xant 110HdiSX Est 83K "W"
'99 Xant 110HdiSX Est 320K "V"
'98 Xant 1.9TDSX Est 150K "T"
'97 Xant 1.9TD 20k Est
'94 Fiat TipoTd 40K

'85 BMW K100RT 330K Garaged 26yrs '80 Honda CB250 twin Superdream
evilclive

Post by evilclive »

Somewhat late, but for the record :

What I got was some 3/16" copper pipe (different colour to the kunifer I subsequently bought), a rubber pipe with swivel bits on the end, and some adapters which screw into there and take a standard fitting.

These have been drilled and tapped, and the first one was a bit lumpy at the bottom (not terribly neatly machined) so the pipe wouldn't seal. I asked him for a second one, which he did supply.

For the second go, I decided to go with 1/4" kunifer for the pump->hose section, since the original pipe was that size, and bought myself a flange kit, some pipe and the requisite 12mmx1mm pipe nuts. This all went together happily, and 1.5 years later there have been no problems. (and as a bonus I know rather more about making flanges than I did)

If I was in a similar situation again I'd definitely get the rubber pipe plus the adapters, but I'd get my own kunifer and the pipe nuts. I would drop hints about the machining on the adapters.