C5 heater

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KP
My Cars:

Re: C5 heater

Post by KP »

Any chance I could get a sneak peak at all instead if waiting for it to come thru my door??
triumphtoledo

Post by triumphtoledo »

Without me infringing Bauer's copyright (and either losing my client or getting sued), I can't post the article on a free forum. Yet, (like other members here), I am willing to help out and answer any queries that you may have.

As soon as I have an idea when it is coming out, I'll post something on this Forum.

R
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

No worries :) just thought maybe a pdf in a pm or something but will order up a Haynes and use that bar the steering wheel and airbag bits :)
triumphtoledo

Post by triumphtoledo »

Sorry, please don't think I'm being a d1ck but even sending a PDF in a PM still creates a problem. I think CM has a digital edition though, which you can purchase and download.

The main issues you will come across is splitting the heater box, which Haynes does not go into at all.

Just do it all slowly and methodically. The other tip is to remove all flaps, clean the inside of the heater box moulding and lubricate with Total Marson SY2 grease (part number 9735 D4 - £14.51). Also, if the 'bearings' in which the flaps locate have wear grooves or are cracked, you need another heater box.

R
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Far from it :) I have a sub to it and get it in the post still :)

Will keep the speed in mind when stripping it down and does the grease really have to be special stuff?
triumphtoledo

Post by triumphtoledo »

Not sure about the grease; I tried to find out but I figured that using the wrong stuff may cause more issues, such as rotting the rubber & plastic, so I bowed to PSA's advice on that one. £15 seems a lot of cash for 250mg of grease but you'll only use perhaps 1/5 of tube, if that...
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Just wonder if some gummi pfledge would do instead...
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I'll have to keep my eye out for this as well. It's the drivers side of mine that doesn't work, it doesn't bother me just now, but it will in winter ( due back here any day now lol)
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2