Citroen C5 Mark 1 - retrofit sat nav?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: Citroen C5 Mark 1 - retrofit sat nav?

Post by vborovic »

Sorry, I wasn't precise enough, I meant the car makers for the entertainment electronic parts ... radios, sat navs, etc ... you won't find that Citroen (or others) make any of it ... rather Blaupunkt, Bosch, Magneti Marelli, etc ...

EDIT: since the topic title is sat nav, I guessed people will figure out what my target was ... :)
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Do they still press body panels and make chassis?
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

Thanks KP.

I checked and no wiring for nav or the CD Changer! And the locking wheel nut key is missing for the green car so it's guna be a struggle getting the alloys off!

French is best.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

I think it should be possible to order a new locking key for the alloy screw via VIN, going to the dealer ... don't know about the price, but I'm guessing it will be cheaper to drill the locking screw, and weld a nut or something on it so you can grip it easier with some tool to unfasten it ...
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

What's up with them as it sounds like your looking to break the one with the goodies?!
hawaiianblue

Post by hawaiianblue »

I looked into it on my mums car, basically as already said the main obstacle is having to replace the entire top dash pad. Everything else seems to be there, but taking the dash out for me seemed like too much hassle.

The difference between trim levels, ie an Exclusive and an Exclusive SE, varies a lot with age. Early Exclusives for example didn't come with leather seats as standard, just the nicer cloth, later ones came with leather as standard. Pretty much all of the differences were available as options though. So if you had an exclusive with leather, you would request heated seats when you ordered the car. Also (as this is a global forum) some options are market dependent. I would bet heated seats and heated front screen were standard in Scandinavian counties, but possibly not even offered in warmer climates like Australia.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Unfortunately, the newer "Exclusives" don't have full leather as standard, it's still an option. I've tried to find a definitive list of "standard" specifications for the "exclusive " model but it's nigh on impossible. I still don't know what constitutes the Exclusive tag, but it isn't full leather or Sat nav. Plenty don't have that, nor window blinds or 19" rims.
Most, if not all, seem to have auto wipers, auto headlamps, DRL , folding mirrors, 4 door courtesy pavement lights, mood lighting and rear footwell lights, but then again other models have many of those as options too. What I have found is that with the new model, only the Exclusive has Hydractive 3 suspension and an electric hand brake.
I could list what my X7 has, but I suspect a lot of the stuff is optional, either by the original owner, or as a demonstrator.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

I can confirm as well that a lot of Exclusives I see on Croatian roads of the X7s don't have half of what I have in my car which isn't an Exclusive ... and I'm not counting the things I've added additionally ...
hawaiianblue

Post by hawaiianblue »

Exactly it varies a lot, this post is dealing with the MK1 though. Normaly most manufacturers start adding what were options as standard items as a model goes into run out. So later mk1's seems to come with leather as standard on Exclusive models, whereas early mk1s had velour.

Like for like, so if you compare two cars from the same market which were sold at the same time, then the exclusive always came with more equipment as standard. it's purely a marketing tool (as all car trim levels are), it varied over time and subject to what local markets demanded. Chances are things changed again for the MK3.
hawaiianblue

Post by hawaiianblue »

qprdude wrote:Unfortunately, the newer "Exclusives" don't have full leather as standard, it's still an option. I've tried to find a definitive list of "standard" specifications for the "exclusive " model but it's nigh on impossible. I still don't know what constitutes the Exclusive tag, but it isn't full leather or Sat nav. Plenty don't have that, nor window blinds or 19" rims.
Most, if not all, seem to have auto wipers, auto headlamps, DRL , folding mirrors, 4 door courtesy pavement lights, mood lighting and rear footwell lights, but then again other models have many of those as options too. What I have found is that with the new model, only the Exclusive has Hydractive 3 suspension and an electric hand brake.
I could list what my X7 has, but I suspect a lot of the stuff is optional, either by the original owner, or as a demonstrator.
All cars now sold in Europe are required to have DRL's fitted from the factory, all cars from about 2008 I think.