C5 Mk3 Tourer squeaking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bigblackfalco
My Cars: Citroen C5 X7 2.0 HDI 2009 230K Miles (current), Citroen Xantia Estate 1.9 TD 1996 SX, Citroen ZX 1.9 TD 1995, Peugeot 604 2.7 V6 STI 1983 (past).

C5 Mk3 Tourer squeaking

Post by bigblackfalco »

I have a really irritating squeaking noise which appears to to be coming from around the nearside front door/foot well.
My friend reckons it's coming from outside of the car.
I have just sprayed a silicon lubricant onto as many of the suspensions bushes as I can reach (without removing the front wheel), but this doesn't appear to have made any difference.
The noise appeared suddenly after driving in rain.

Any thoughts please?
cheers.
58 plate (2009) C5 Tourer 2.0 HDi VTR+
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: C5 Mk3 Tourer squeaking

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Mice? Mind you, with your avatar they would be very brave (or stupid!).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
bigblackfalco
My Cars: Citroen C5 X7 2.0 HDI 2009 230K Miles (current), Citroen Xantia Estate 1.9 TD 1996 SX, Citroen ZX 1.9 TD 1995, Peugeot 604 2.7 V6 STI 1983 (past).

Post by bigblackfalco »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:Mice? Mind you, with your avatar they would be very brave (or stupid!).
Yup it's that kind of irritating noise. Reminds me of a hamster in it's wheel :lol:
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Try pulling on the door handle when it does it, I have known a door seal make a creaking noise, cured it by moving the door shut in a bit.

Peter
bigblackfalco

Post by bigblackfalco »

Peter.N. wrote:Try pulling on the door handle when it does it, I have known a door seal make a creaking noise, cured it by moving the door shut in a bit.

Peter
I thought about that thanks Peter. I sprayed the door seal with silicon spray. It could be coming from within the door/window mechanism?
bonnyman750
My Cars:

Post by bonnyman750 »

Apart from the obvious door seals as previously mentioned and assuming that appearing after driving in the rain is just a coincidence...

* Window lift mechanism/fixings loose,
* Door trim panel clips creaking in their relevant door panel holes,
* Main harness covering between LHF door and 'A' post rubbing against body,
* Lower LHF wing fixing to 'A' post fixing loose,
* Wiring harness/electrical equipment mounts creaking under felt trim cover below glovebox,
* Glovebox hinges creaking even while closed,
* (daft as it sounds!) probe for glovebox lamp/switch rubbing against inner top glovebox face'
* Fascia cross member to 'A' post/body fixings loose,
* LHF door lower hinge and/or check strap creaking,

* and with the rain in mind, again, sounds daft but check the undertray fixings/clips for security. one may have come loose (after driving through puddles)and the spring clip is creaking in the fixing hole/subframe as the car is moving...

Believe me, I have come across all the above over the years and some have been a pig to find...

HTH

Glyn
bigblackfalco

Post by bigblackfalco »

Thanks for this great list. The noise does appear to be coming from door area/behind card, so window mechanism could be the culprit.
I need a passenger to dampen all these items within reach whilst I drive along!

bonnyman750 wrote:Apart from the obvious door seals as previously mentioned and assuming that appearing after driving in the rain is just a coincidence...

* Window lift mechanism/fixings loose,
* Door trim panel clips creaking in their relevant door panel holes,
* Main harness covering between LHF door and 'A' post rubbing against body,
* Lower LHF wing fixing to 'A' post fixing loose,
* Wiring harness/electrical equipment mounts creaking under felt trim cover below glovebox,
* Glovebox hinges creaking even while closed,
* (daft as it sounds!) probe for glovebox lamp/switch rubbing against inner top glovebox face'
* Fascia cross member to 'A' post/body fixings loose,
* LHF door lower hinge and/or check strap creaking,

* and with the rain in mind, again, sounds daft but check the undertray fixings/clips for security. one may have come loose (after driving through puddles)and the spring clip is creaking in the fixing hole/subframe as the car is moving...

Believe me, I have come across all the above over the years and some have been a pig to find...

HTH

Glyn