Citroen relay 2000 clutch problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fridgedoc
My Cars:

Citroen relay 2000 clutch problem

Post by fridgedoc »

Hi, I was sure I posted this in the Citroen section buts it's showing up in the Renault section, maybe a senior moment ????????

reposting it here...............

Hi Guys

Clutch pedal dropped to floor with a "snapping" sound, managed to coax it home, found a piece of broken black plastic on floor of van, trying to remove the cable so I can see the end of the cable that fits to the clutch pedal but cannot work out how it comes apart, any help please

Many thanks

Stephen

I did do a search and could only find one post but the link to a diagram does not work :(

Update 5th May, looks like the pedal is at fault the hook on the top has snapped off

But how do I get the pedal off ............. Please
Bonne Chance

Stephen

LHD Xantia 1994 (deceased)
LHD Xantia 1995 Berline
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Citroen relay 2000 clutch problem

Post by RichardW »

Looks like there is a shaft that hangs all 3 pedals, with a spring clip on either end. Suspect if you lever off the clip at the clutch pedal end then you can pull the shaft back the other way till the clutch pedal is freed, without losing the brake and throttle. But then again.... :lol: New pedal still available, and surprisingly reasonable:

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
00002127A8 CLUTCH PEDAL 18.55 GBP 22.26 GBP 22.26 GBP

Is the clutch heavy though? Failure of the pedal might be indicative of the clutch on its way out....
Richard W
flying clutchman
My Cars:

Post by flying clutchman »

RichardW wrote:Looks like there is a shaft that hangs all 3 pedals, with a spring clip on either end. Suspect if you lever off the clip at the clutch pedal end then you can pull the shaft back the other way till the clutch pedal is freed, without losing the brake and throttle. But then again.... :lol: New pedal still available, and surprisingly reasonable:

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
00002127A8 CLUTCH PEDAL 18.55 GBP 22.26 GBP 22.26 GBP

Is the clutch heavy though? Failure of the pedal might be indicative of the clutch on its way out....
Yep that's exactly how you do it, quite straightforward. I think it's just poor design as I've done a couple of these.
fridgedoc
My Cars:

Post by fridgedoc »

Thanks for your replies I did manage to work it out simple job really but not so simple when your disabled, lying on the floor of the van and not being able to hold yourself in place ending up sliding on to the ground LOL!! but I did it after a few attempts but can you believe I'm now having problems locating the part, typical French Ahhhh!!

Thanks again
Bonne Chance

Stephen

LHD Xantia 1994 (deceased)
LHD Xantia 1995 Berline