Defiant Xantia!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Defiant Xantia!

Post by RichardW »

Today is Xantia strip down day before it goes off to be bean tins.... :(

Started it up - went first time, which is pretty good since it hasn't been started for 6 weeks! Then after a few seconds there was a funny noise like a dry bearing, and shortly after what looked like smoke. Knocked it off quick.... Was thinking maybe the alt or a rad fan had seized and was burning out, but then went round to the passenger side to be greeted by the NSF wheel sitting in a pool of LHM - PAS pipe has burst I imagine :) It obviously doesn't want to go......

Removed a few bits, but even some of them didn't want to come - took off the NSR brake pipe which is a kunifer replacement, and might be needed for Mandrake's car in a few weeks. Only been on about 2 years, but the unions were starting to seize, and the 10mm nut on the roll bar clamp was no where near 10 any more, and wouldn't come undone, so I had to cut it off with the grinder!
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Defiant Xantia!

Post by CitroJim »

It's fighting to the very end Richard :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Ah richard,

Excellent. Remember the ECU and body computer for me please...
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Oh oh, I just had a thought - does your clock work properly Richard, or does it forget the time randomly like mine ? :D I've got used to the fact that mine constantly lies... it does catch me and other passengers out occasionally though until I remember its always wrong. :twisted:

I'm still pondering whether I should have taken that bonnet too... if only I had somewhere to store it... :?

I've always felt that old cars left to sit without being driven deteriorate very quickly - I guess the LHM leak just adds further proof to that theory! :twisted:
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Mandrake wrote: I've always felt that old cars left to sit without being driven deteriorate very quickly
They do in my experience Simon. The reason I try to keep all mine in regular use.

That PAS pipe bursting was almost a way of the car getting a little message across in response to being broken - a last-ditch plea to be fixed and put back in use for a while longer perhaps?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...