New to me C5, pictures

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pentoman

New to me C5, pictures

Post by pentoman »

Hello all,

I recently began posting here when in need of a commuting car and wanted to say Hi and post pictures. I hope all is well around these parts.

The car was owned by a company, used by its female driver extensively for business use and has a very high mileage. However it has been extremely well looked after, which is evident the moment you see it. I expected there to be some wear, but the condition is incredible. Even the driver's seat looks great.

So I will see how it goes. I wanted something modern with a nice interior as I do many miles myself. I expected this to mean something German but was very surprised by the nice interior on this. It saved me money over the German competition.

It's the 2.2 hdi 173bhp.

A few questions. The tyre pressure monitors. I've done a search and found little - they say "more than one tyre not monitored". How much is a battery for them and is this worth trying?

Remap - will it affect the DPF? I do not want to 'delete' the DPF. Who can do these X7 cars?

I spoke with mechanics before buying this car and am told that these (Eolys based?) DPF systems are very reliable compared to other manufacturers.

If you can advise on a Lexia that will definitely work then I'm interested. I am very technical but just need to get the right one for this model.

This one is also mine:

:)

Rgds
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: New to me C5, pictures

Post by Lighty »

You have yourself a lovely car there, 135000 miles is not that high for one of these, especially when well looked after.
We do remaps on all cars, the 2.2 hdi X7 can be taken up by @ 35 bhp @ 75 nm of torque, which will make it fly.
Main issues with these are the front window regulators, and the daytime running lamp bulbs are pricey.
Nice Aston by the way :D
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
hawaiianblue

Post by hawaiianblue »

used by its female driver extensively for business use
Does that make a difference then? Surely company cars can be thrashed and abused as much by a girl as they are by a bloke? :lol:

Looks clean though, and much less common than the grey thing from Gaydon - :p
vibes
My Cars:

Post by vibes »

Driven by a woman equals lots of scratches and dents and a clogged engine :wink:
In Finland we have this thing called Reilu Meininki

2005 C5 V6 Exclusive A Break
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

I see a lot of room for improvement on the car ... :D ... the daylight running lights don't have to be pricey, if you put LEDs in, work just as good (matter of preference really) ...
pentoman

Post by pentoman »

Thanks for the replies!
Lighty wrote:You have yourself a lovely car there, 135000 miles is not that high for one of these, especially when well looked after.
We do remaps on all cars, the 2.2 hdi X7 can be taken up by @ 35 bhp @ 75 nm of torque, which will make it fly.
Main issues with these are the front window regulators, and the daytime running lamp bulbs are pricey.
Nice Aston by the way :D
Thanks and thanks. The C5 does seem to have weathered its first 5 years well. The two cars go well together - comfy the weekdays, sporty for the weekend. The two do not perform each other's roles well, though.

I would love to hear more about your remaps. Generally I trust them, but do have some concerns about longevity on these modern engines. E.g. Will the car produce more smoke and affect the DPF? Have you done many of these engines? In particular can you map me a better throttle response please!
hawaiianblue wrote:
used by its female driver extensively for business use
Does that make a difference then? Surely company cars can be thrashed and abused as much by a girl as they are by a bloke? :lol:
I don't know - possibly!
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

We have not mapped many of those, it's quite a rare beast, the one we have done was a Peugeot 607, pulled like a train.
Have not had trouble with the dpf blocking, probably the reverse, as more power = more exhaust pressure, so better for blowing the soot out.
All the maps we do improve throttle response, in fact we do loads of the new shape Lagunas for this very reason.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

I'm not positive, but I have a feeling you can't put a battery in the TPM's. If I were you, I would try to get a Citroen dealer to contact Citroen ( you could possibly do it yourself) because the TPS is a known fault. I had all four of mine changed FOC by Citroen last year. Same car but 2008 saloon. Nice aren't they.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

From that generic message that more than one tyre is not monitored, it could mean that (at least) one tyre doesn't have the TPM valve fitted at all ... battery replacement was discussed already on the forum some months ago, and although technically possible, it would be an extremely demanding procedure with no clear outcome, so the (sadly) easiest solution is just to get the new valve ...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

It is also possible that, when tyres have been changed in the past, the tyre fitters have thrown away the TPMS valve stems because they haven't known/recognised what they were.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!