C5 new windscreen = noisy interior

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hawaiianblue

Re: C5 new windscreen = noisy interior

Post by hawaiianblue »

GB wrote:Found the part number: 6995x9

The middle image.

My local friendly Citroen stealer can't be bothered to order them in. Need 5. Will probably have to order them online from Germany.
if your local dealer parts dept doesn't want to order them, and frankly I can't see why they wouldn't I mean they still make a profit on them. I think I would send off a short email the Citroen customer services (include the part number) complaining that your dealer doesn't want to help. Most car manufacturers are keen to police their franchised dealers, with any luck they might even post a few clips to you for free. Either way it's definitely worth reporting poor dealerships (and praising the good ones)
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Ah - when you said grommets, I was thinking cable protection sort of thing.
I'd be very wary of a dealer who couldn't supply them - they're bound to lose a one now and again during servicing, which implies that they don't replace them either :(
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

Hi GB
Had a really hectic day today and only remembered to look for these as I was getting ready for home.
A quick poke around didn't come up with them, but a more extensive search may still do so.
I forgot to check the dead 206 (yes it's still here!), so I'll have a look at that in the morning.
I take it you're not too proud to use pre-loved ones???
Hopefully better news tomorrow
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
tco_tm
My Cars:

Post by tco_tm »

Glassman wrote:Models up to 2008 did not have an acoustic screen option. 2008 > on do.
Exclusive models (before 2008) for sure had acoustic windshield and laminated side windows.
GB wrote:BTW, there are 4 grommets missing - this is probably the noise cause, the sound proofing appears quite loose without them.
Sound proofing is loose - especially in front of a passenger (LHD), and not all mounting points looks used. It came out from factory this way and for sure is not a cause of noise. I don't think sound dampening was even touched during glass replacement. I bet new windshield is not as good as original part and/or it is badly mounted.
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

Yes, I'm a bit sceptical, given there are no holes in the bulkhead.
However, for the price of them, if I can only find them of course, it must be worth trying.
I don't know where they can be. The whole row of lin-bins, in which we keep them, is nowhere to be found.
I checked out the dead 206 and it has nothing comparable on it.
Might have to restock the whole department, if we can't find them tomorrow.
I'm beginning to suspect one of us might have left the bins in a van a couple of weeks ago, though I'd have expected the owner to bring them back...
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
Bandit12
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: C5 X7 diesel exclusive

Post by Bandit12 »

Rading this with great interest as a stone chip has overnight turned into a 6 inch crack up the windscreen. I've got a 2002 C5 exclusive but as yet i have not had the chance to arrange a replacement. Any idea on which screen I shoudl ask for and a rough idea of price as not using the insurance company for this.

Bandit
2002 Citroen C5 2.2Hdi exclusive estate (sadly gone) :(
2009 Citroën C5 X7 2.0 hdi (136bhp) exclusive estate (Oh wow what an upgrade) 8-)