Where did they go?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ragger
My Cars:

Where did they go?

Post by ragger »

Well it seems that the ZX must just about be at its lowest point in terms of interest and popularity. At the X Rally today there were lots of "B"s, several "C"s, quite a few "M"s and "antia"s, assorted eXtras and even an "A" but not one "Z".

Nope - no Volcanes or 16 valves never mind the more humble fare. I suppose I could have taken my own, but she is no beauty queen and the XM will always be my car of choice for longer jaunts like this.

My ZX would have been at Wetherby but with the date change she will already be down in Gloucestershire to do duty at my Mum's house when I'm there. I'm feeling a bit sad about it really, as I actually think they arte quite good cars in their own unpretentious way. I certainly prefer driving my tatty Zx to my super lovely Clio Mark 1.

Regards

Rob

C4 Exclusive - For Sale!
Xantia V6 Exclusive (the Beast!)
C1 Feel (it might be new but it is very practical for local zipping about)
C5 Estate
Chlorate
My Cars:

Re: Where did they go?

Post by Chlorate »

Rust, rust, trailing arm bearings, head gaskets and rust.

Once the tin worm gets at them they're gonners. Both sills on mine had completely rotten away within months.

They're lovely little machines to us Citroen nutters but worthless and too expensive to keep alive to everyone else, 306s are doing much much better.

I've seen a couple around but mostly with the tell-tale patchwork of welding, bubbling paint and highly cambered rear wheels :roll:
Citroen Xantia Exclusive HDi

previously:
Citroen ZX Volcane - RIP
Peugeot 106 XN... stolen and destroyed by Kent Police :evil:
bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Re: Where did they go?

Post by bxzx16v »

Couldn't make the X Rally but mine will be at Wetherby all on its own, seeing as your busy Rob and Martin has sold his Zx16v. Great cars and I've always said a better daily driver than the Bx.

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.