New suspension pump fitted. Stuck at top setting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

zabadak

New suspension pump fitted. Stuck at top setting

Post by zabadak »

Hi. I have fitted a 2nd hand suspension pump to my C5 2003 and after pressurizing it the suspension went right up and won't come down again.Serious Suspension Fault comes up briefly and when I press the control to lower the car the display shows the top setting 6MPH.
Does anyone know if this is because the pump needs matching to the car ECU or is there a fault somewhere? Cheers,Zabadak.
WidowmakerUK
My Cars: Citroen c5 hpi exclusive estate
Petrol 2Liter manual

2003 low mileage

Colour red

Re: New suspension pump fitted. Stuck at top setting

Post by WidowmakerUK »

I had this on my c5 2002 estate car not so long ago, I had to lower the car by dropping the arm off the ride height switch and moving it down to get the car to lower make sure you have support in place or its over a pit or on a ramp, these car will come down fast and if your under it there will be no need to fix the car. My one turned out to be the ride height switch this gave the serous suspension fault on my car the fault would not clear so I left the battery off over night and the next day I followed the reconnect procedure and this solved the issue.

There is another side to your car, this is you have changed the pump on top of the pump is an ecu as long as it came from the same model car it should be ok, if your has sports mode setting and the new pump does not have it this can cause an issue and you will need to put the old ecu back
I am going to ask what happened to the old pump ? Did the motor fail ? You can change the motor if this is the issue and put the pump back on the car.