Xantia CD Autochanger wiring.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Xantia CD Autochanger wiring.

Post by Old-Guy »

Just finished removing as a complete 'kit' (sold) from the VSX. This is the factory-fitted Phillips Blaupunkt 4030 radio/cassette unit with 10CD autochanger under the front passenger seat. There's nothing complicated about fitting/removing the radio and autochanger units, but the cable that connects them starts from the CD unit with a round plug on a round multicore cable that goes all round the houses and, to confuse the uninitiated, terminates not at the radio but at a multiplug into the standard loom (I assume) under the driver's feat.

For the benefit of anyone else removing/installing this cable, it runs across the floor beneath the carpet under the front passenger seat, passes under the N/S seat runner, turns rearwards along the rear floor pan in the angle of the inner sill to the rear cross member that supports the rear seat squabs. Here it goes right across the car to the opposite sill then turns forwards in the angle of the O/S floor/sill to a red multi-plug underneath the driver's seat.

To remove/repalce this cable it's necessary to remove the front passenger seat, the rear seat squabs and the rear bolt of the outside runner for the driver's seat (to lift the corner of the rear carpet.

Not a difficult job, just time consuming. You need a T40 bit for the seat-runner bolts and T25 and Pozi2 for the radio and CD screws.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)