Dealer Offers

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bbrucez
My Cars:

Dealer Offers

Post by bbrucez »

I've been mailshotted (because I'm a valued customer of course!) by the MD of my local Citroen dealer offering me any Citroen at cost plus £99 if I contact him personally.
He said he would show me Citroen's invoice to him. I doubt it would include any sales target bonuses etc.
Is this offer any value or are openmarket prices similar?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I think this is pretty common - and that you may indeed find similar offers - even better - all over these days.
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

Well when bought mine off my salesman friend he sold it me at below cost, but they get a PDI allowance and a retrospective discount of up to 4% if they get good customer service scores so on a C5 at £13,500 like mine they might get about £675 profit in 3 months time for a sale at cost, but the salesman will want £100-£300 commission for selling it and there are other associated costs.
A lot of dealers round here will only sell them at list price less the cashback, and they do move cars. I've sent about a dozen people to my friend and he has taken one look at another dealers quote and usually does it a grand better before you've even pushed him. A lot depends on the model mix figures as well, eg. the dealer will get a target of 15 Xsara's and 20 C5's in a month and they will often just buy up stock to make the figures add up so they get a bonus, and they'll dump the stock onto the likes of Motorpoint and small independants, hence why you quite often see non franchised dealers with delivery mileage cars.
bbrucez
My Cars:

Post by bbrucez »

Thanks for the advice chaps.
I think I'll bide my time.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Are you considering a C5? If they continue to depreciate at the current rate, you'll only have to bide your time until next Tuesday to pick up a brand new one for 50 quid [;)]
Or course, by then you will be able to get a Vel Satis [xx(] for a fiver!
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

What's up Arry ?
- have you seen anything going on in the media's ?
I can't believe Citroen will repeat the XM "success" in GB ??
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

A chap I work with has been "considering" a C5 for a while. (He does this a lot - considers buying a new car and then doesn't!)
He's found a dealer selling zero mileage pre-registered C5 (1.8 petrol I think) on 52 plates for around £8500. Citroen are selling them new including the NO VAT offer £12,600. Quite a difference so long as you don't mind the older registration.
Not quite as bad as the XM (I bought a £28,000 list price car for £975 at 5 years old with my old V6SEI), but still rather a high depreciation rate.