Synergie leaky aircon question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Synergie leaky aircon question

Post by Richard_C »

My 16 year old Synergie (XUD, SX with climate control) has a fluid leak.

All the control side works - you can hear the compressor pump kick in and so on, and the system delivers air where it is told to - just not cold air. For a few years it has had some fluid loss, but it passes the vacuum test and an annual top up has kept it working. Last summer the top up lasted only a couple of weeks so it looks like I need to get a professional job done to check it all out.

I guess the most likely source of leakage would be the condenser radiator, but does anyone have experience of other likely issues and how hard they might be to fix?
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Synergie leaky aircon question

Post by citronut »

i suspect the condensor has rotted away/through from build up of leaves and rubish between it and the main rad,

this is what i found when we did an enginge change on my daughters 02 Picasooooo,

we sourced a new condenser for £100 quid fitted then got my friend who is a mobile air con repairer to check and re/gas the system,

were are you located as my friend price's are very reasonable
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years